40 Wall Street
|40 Wall Street|
|Alternative names||The Trump Building, Manhattan Company Building|
|Tallest in the world from April 1930 to May 27, 1930[I]|
|Preceded by||Woolworth Building|
|Surpassed by||Chrysler Building|
|Location||40 Wall Street, New York, NY 10005|
|Coordinates||40°42′25″N 74°00′35″W / 40.706964°N 74.009672°WCoordinates: 40°42′25″N 74°00′35″W / 40.706964°N 74.009672°W|
|Construction started||May 1, 1929|
|Completed||May 1, 1930|
|Opening||May 26, 1930|
|Owner||Hinneberg brothers, Hamburg, Germany|
|Architectural||927 ft (283 m)|
|Top floor||836 ft (255 m)|
|Floor area||1,111,675 sq ft (103,278.0 m2)|
Manhattan Company Building
|Location||40 Wall Street, New York City|
|Area||less than one acre|
|Architect||H. Craig Severance, Yasuo Matsui, et al.|
|NRHP reference No.||00000577|
|Added to NRHP||June 16, 2000|
40 Wall Street, also known as the Trump Building, is a skyscraper in New York City, United States. It is 927 feet (283 m) tall and has 70 floors. It was built in 1930 and is one of the tallest buildings in the world.
40 Wall Street was the tallest building in the world from April to May 1930. Before it was built, the tallest building in the world was the Woolworth Building. The Chrysler Building became the tallest a few months later.
At first it was named the Bank of the Manhattan Company Building, but when the name of the bank changed the building was named for its address of 40 Wall Street. When Donald Trump bought the building in 1995 he changed it to The Trump Building.
Photo Gallery[change | change source]
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- ↑ Carol Willis. 40 WALL STREET FOUNDATION PHOTOGRAPHS Archived 2018-06-20 at the Wayback Machine Skyscraper Museum
- ↑ Jay Hoster (2014). Early Wall Street 1830-1940. Charleston: Arcadia Publishing. p. 127. ISBN 978-1-4671-2263-4. Retrieved June 7, 2018.
- ↑ dankwa, e t (June 27, 2014) THE 40 WALL STREET Archived 2016-06-18 at the Wayback Machine Museum of Modern Art
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 "40 Wall Street". CTBUH Skyscraper Center.
- ↑ 40 Wall Street at Emporis
- ↑ "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2009-03-13.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to 40 Wall Street at Wikimedia Commons