|Centuries:||6th century – 7th century – 8th century|
|Decades:||570s 580s 590s – 600s – 610s 620s 630s|
|Years:||598 599 600 – 601 – 602 603 604|
Events[change | change source]
- Peter (Byzantine General) wins the battle against the Eurasian Avars
- Liuva II replaces his brother Reccared as King of the Visigoths.
- The Qieyun, a Chinese character rhyme dictionary, is published
- The future Archbishops of Canterbury, Mellitus, Justus, and Honorius, and the future Archbishop of York Paulinus, are sent to England by Pope Gregory I to help Augustine in his missionary work.
Births[change | change source]
- Sigebert II of Austrasia and Burgundy
- Hongren, a Zen Buddhist patriarch of the Chinese Tang Dynasty (d. 674)
- Ma Zhou, Chinese chancellor of the Tang Dynasty (d. 648)
- Empress Zhangsun