|Centuries:||1st century BC – 1st century – 2nd century|
|Decades:||20s BC 10s BC 0s BC – 0s – 10s 20s 30s|
|Years:||6 AD 7 AD 8 AD – 9 AD – 10 AD 11 AD 12 AD|
|Ab urbe condita||762|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
— to —己巳年十二月廿六日
|- Vikram Samvat||65–66|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3110–3111|
|Iranian calendar||613 BP – 612 BP|
|Islamic calendar||632 BH – 631 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1903 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||552|
|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: nine.|
Events[change | change source]
Roman Empire[change | change source]
- Illyria is turned into a province after a revolt has been defeated.
- The Rhine River is established as the boundary between the Latin and German speaking worlds, following the defeat of the Roman army, under the command of Varus, at the Battle of the Teutoburg Forest.
- Ovid is banished to Tomis.
- Pannonia (modern-day Hungary) submits to Roman rule.
- In order to increase the number of marriages, and ultimately the population, the lex Papia Poppaea is adopted in Rome. This law prohibits celibacy and childless relationships.
- Roman finances become strained following the Danubian insurrection, and Varus' defeat in Germany. This results in the levying of two new taxes: five percent of inheritances, and one percent on sales.
- Ovid completes Ibis.
Asia[change | change source]
Births[change | change source]
Deaths[change | change source]
- Publius Quinctilius Varus, Roman general, at the Battle of the Teutoburg Forest, said to have committed suicide