Rajiv Hari Om Bhatia
9 September 1967
|Other names||Akki |
|Occupation||Actor, producer, presenter|
Twinkle Khanna (m. 2001)
Akshay Kumar (born 9 September 1967) is an Indian film actor and producer. He is based in Mumbai. Kumar is known for his hit movies. Kumar recently dubbed for the Hindi version of the movie Transformers: Dark of the Moon. Kumar was the voice actor for the role of Optimus Prime. This is one of the key characters in the film. He did the dubbing role as a gift for his son, Aarav. Optimus Prime was Aarav's favorite character so Kumar did it for free. Kumar was the third highest paid actor in Bollywood in 2015. He has established himself as a leading contemporary actor in the Hindi cinema.
As a production head[change | change source]
In 2009, Kumar started the Hari Om Entertainment production company. In 2012, Kumar launched his next production house Grazing Goat Pictures. Their first production, OMG - Oh My God!, had a slow opening, but because of word of mouth it picked up and then was declared a super hit.
References[change | change source]
- "Akshay Kumar Biography". hindustanlink.com. Retrieved 6 February 2016.
- "Kumar is king: Bollywood News". CBC News. 13 September 2008.
- "Akshay's the new king of Bollywood: Bollywood News". The Times of India. 12 August 2008. Archived from the original on 2013-12-03. Retrieved 2014-06-10.
- "Bollywood Superstar, Akshay Kumar Superhero for his Son « Dubai Chronicle". Dubaichronicle.com. Retrieved 29 July 2011.
- "The World's Highest-Paid Actors 2015: Akshay Kumar". Forbes.com. Retrieved 13 April 2016.
- "Main bhi producer!". The Times of India. 9 October 2009. Archived from the original on 14 July 2012. Retrieved 18 November 2010.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Akshay Kumar.|
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Akshay Kumar|