This article needs to be updated. (April 2016)
Bynes at The Heart's Truth Red Dress Collection Fashion Show (February 13, 2009)
|Born||April 3, 1989|
Amanda Laura Bynes (born April 3, 1986) is an American actress, program host on Nickelodeon and fashion designer. After being in several successful television series on Nickelodeon in the late 1990s and early 2000s, Bynes has moved into a movie career. She starred in several movies aimed at teenage audiences. These included Big Fat Liar, She's the Man, Hairspray, and Easy A. She was on the 2007 Forbes list as the 5th highest paid celebrities under 21 earning $2.5 million.
Bynes has been described by The Boston Globe as having an "everygirl" appeal, embodying "both everything her teen fans dream of being and everything they know they really are, and they love her for it." In 2006, she was named one of Teen People's "25 Hottest Stars Under 25".
Again in 2012 she said that she is retiring from acting.
In April 2012 Bynes was arrested for side-swiping a police car. In June 2012 she was charged with driving under alcohol or drugs when she was arrested in April.
In May 2013 Bynes was arrested at her house in Manhattan for having marijuana. In July she was arrested after she set fire to a stranger's driveway. The police decided that she should be kept for psychiatric evaluation for her own safety. Since September 2013 Bynes has been in The Canyon rehab in Malibu for schizophrenia and bipolar disorder treatment.
References[change | change source]
- "Biography of Amanda Bynes". tvguide.com. Retrieved 2010-10-15.
- Forbes staff (2007-02-26). "Young Hollywood's Top-Earning Stars". Forbes.com. Retrieved 2007-07-19.
- "Spunberg: Amanda Bynes was "All That"". Picktainment.com. 2010-06-22. Retrieved 2010-11-29.
- "Amanda Bynes: "I've Unretired" a Month After Quitting Acting". UsMagazine.com. 2010-07-24. Retrieved 2010-11-29.
- "Amanda Bynes Brilliant Or Bananas? · Guardian Liberty Voice". 13 June 2013.
- "Amanda Bynes' bong arrest could bring more legal woes in L.A." 24 May 2013 – via LA Times.
- "Amanda Bynes allowed supervised outings in rehab". in.lifestyle.yahoo.com.
Other websites[change | change source]