|Local authority||District of Chiltern|
|Managed by||London Underground|
|Number of platforms||3|
|Accessible||Yes (Southbound only)|
|London Underground annual entry and exit|
|National Rail annual entry and exit|
|4 July 1966||Goods yard closed|
|Lists of stations|
Amerhsam Station is a terminus of the Metropolitan Line branch of the London Underground. It is situated 23.7 miles (38.1 km) north west of Charing Cross and is the second most westerly station on the whole London Underground system, after Chesham
Amersham Station is also served by Chiltern Railways, which runs trains between London Marylebone and Aylesbury. From Aylesbury a shuttle service to Princes Risborough provides access to through services between Marylebone and Birmingham Snow Hill. The journey times to Central London range between 33 and 60 minutes.
Ticket barriers are in operation.
Services[change | change source]
|Preceding station||London Underground||Following station|
|Great Missenden||Chiltern Railways
|Chalfont & Latimer|
|Great Missenden||Metropolitan Line
|Chalfont & Latimer|
Gallery[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Amersham station.|
Other websites[change | change source]
- Train times and station information for Amersham station from National Rail
- Official London Underground website
References[change | change source]
- National Rail Enquiries - Station facilities for Amersham
- "Step free Tube Guide" (PDF). Transport for London. March 2019. Archived (PDF) from the original on 1 June 2019.
- "Multi-year station entry-and-exit figures" (XLSX). London Underground station passenger usage data. Transport for London. January 2018. Retrieved 22 July 2018.
- "Station usage estimates". Rail statistics. Office of Rail Regulation. Please note: Some methodology may vary year on year.
- Hardy, Brian, ed. (March 2011). "How it used to be - freight on The Underground 50 years ago". Underground News. London: London Underground Railway Society (591): 175–183. ISSN 0306-8617.
- "O.S. Map". Archived from the original on 2007-09-30. Retrieved 2009-06-08.
- Butt, R.V.J. (October 1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 1-8526-0508-1. OCLC 60251199.
- Jowett, Alan (2000). Jowett's Nationalised Railway Atlas (1st ed.). Penryn, Cornwall: Atlantic Transport Publishers. ISBN 0-9068-9999-0. OCLC 228266687.