Liverpool Street station
|London Liverpool Street|
|Local authority||City of London|
|Managed by||Network Rail|
|Number of platforms||18|
|National Rail annual entry and exit|
|Lists of stations|
Liverpool Street station, (or London Liverpool Street) is a major railway station in the City of London. It is the southern terminus of the Great Eastern Main Line (GEML), and is connected to a London Underground station of the same name.
Liverpool Street the main departure point from London to the East of England. It serves those places not served by the East Coast Main Line from King's Cross. It has commuter service to parts of East London and Essex, such as Chelmsford, Clacton-on-Sea, Witham and Norwich. It serves the London Stansted Airport via the Stansted Express.
It is one of the busiest stations in the United Kingdom, the third busiest in London after Waterloo and Victoria. Over 123 million people use the station each year. It is one of 17 managed by Network Rail. The station has exits to Bishopsgate, Liverpool Street and the Broadgate development. It is in Travelcard Zone 1.
Gallery[change | change source]
A National Express East Anglia Class 90 unit at Liverpool Street station.
References[change | change source]
- David Stevenson (2004). 1914-1918 The History of the First World War. Allen Lane. ISBN 0-7139-9208-5.
- Alan A Jackson (1969). London's Termini. David & Charles. ISBN 0-330-02747-6.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Liverpool Street station at Wikimedia Commons
- Station information on Liverpool Street station from Network Rail
- Old Liverpool Street Tribute to the old decor.
- BBC Panorama programme featuring Liverpool Street station
- Daily Telegraph article about the furor following the "Dirty War" documentary featuring Liverpool St.
- David Blunkett condemns docudrama
- London Landscape TV episode (7 mins) about Liverpool Street station
- Alternative view of the Circle, Hammersmith & City and Metropolitan line platforms
- Cut away diagram showing the London Underground station layout in 3d post CrossRail.