The Victory Arch - the main entrance to Waterloo station
Location of Waterloo in Greater London
|Local authority||London Borough of Lambeth|
|Managed by||Network Rail|
|Number of platforms||20|
|National Rail annual entry and exit|
|— interchange||4.227 million|
|Lists of stations|
Waterloo station, also known as 'London Waterloo', is a major railway terminus in London. It is owned and operated by Network Rail. It is near the South Bank in the London Borough of Lambeth, and in Travelcard Zone 1.
References[change | change source]
- "Station usage". Rail statistics. Office of Rail Regulation. 30 April 2010. http://www.rail-reg.gov.uk/server/show/nav.1529. Retrieved 17 January 2011. Please note: Some methodology may vary year on year.
- "Stations run by Network Rail". Network Rail. http://www.networkrail.co.uk/aspx/765.aspx. Retrieved 2009-08-23.
- "Station Codes". National Rail. http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/stations/codes/. Retrieved 2009-08-23.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Station information for Waterloo from Network Rail
- Waterloo photo gallery on Flickr
- London Transport Museum Photographic Archive
- Waterloo Station Central Telephone Enquiry Bureau (CTEB) History