|Local authority||City of Westminster|
|Managed by||Chiltern Railways|
|Number of platforms||6|
Edgware Road (Circle)
Paddington (National Rail)
|London Underground annual entry and exit|
|National Rail annual entry and exit|
|1966||GCML beyond Aylesbury closed|
|1996||Birmingham services begin|
|2006||Two new platforms built|
|2008||Services to Wrexham begin|
|2011||Services to Wrexham end|
|Lists of stations|
Marylebone station, also known as London Marylebone, is a central London railway terminus and London Underground station. It is halfway between the mainline stations at Euston and Paddington, being about 1 mile (1.6 km) from each. It was opened on 15 March 1899 by the Great Central Railway.
Related pages[change | change source]
- The Landmark London - the present name of the former Great Central Hotel
Notes[change | change source]
- "London and South East" (PDF). National Rail. September 2006. Archived from the original (PDF) on 6 March 2009.
- "Out of Station Interchanges" (Microsoft Excel). Transport for London. May 2010. Retrieved 3 June 2010.
- "Multi-year station entry-and-exit figures" (XLS). London Underground station passenger usage data. Transport for London. March 2017. Retrieved 25 June 2018.
- "Station usage estimates". Rail statistics. Office of Rail Regulation. Please note: Some methodology may vary year on year.
- "Station Codes". National Rail. Retrieved 2009-08-23.
- Butt (1995), p. 156
References[change | change source]
- Butt, R.V.J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations. Yeovil: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 1 85260 508 1. R508.
- Day, John R. (1979) . The Story of London's Underground (6th ed.). Westminster: London Transport. ISBN 0 85329 094 6. 1178/211RP/5M(A).
- Dow, George (1962). Great Central, Volume Two: Dominion of Watkin, 1864-1899. Shepperton: Ian Allan. ISBN 0 7110 1469 8.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Marylebone station.|
- Train times and station information for Marylebone railway station from National Rail (Station code: MYB)
- Marylebone Station at Chiltern Railways