|Managed by||South West Trains|
|Number of platforms||10|
|Fare zone||1 and 2|
|London Underground annual entry and exit|
|National Rail annual entry and exit|
|Lists of stations|
Vauxhall station is an important railway station in the London district of Vauxhall. It is a National Rail, London Underground and London Buses interchange station. Its position is at the Vauxhall Cross road junction, opposite the southern approach to Vauxhall Bridge. The station is on the boundary of zones 1 and 2 of the London Travelcard area.
The bus station is at ground level across the road from the rail station. It is the second busiest London bus station, after that at Victoria. It has a photovoltaic roof supplying much of its electricity.
Services[change | change source]
- 29tph to London Waterloo
- 4tph to Chessington
- 4tph to Dorking
- 1every two hours to Guildford via Cobham
- 8tph to Guildford via Epsom
- 2tph to Hampton Court
- 2tph round the Hounslow loop via Hounslow and Richmond, returning to Waterloo
- 2tph round the Hounslow loop via Richmond and Hounslow, returning to Waterloo
- 2tph round the Kingston loop via Kingston and Richmond, returning to Waterloo
- 2tph round the Kingston loop via Richmond and Kingston, returning to Waterloo
- 2tph to Shepperton
- 2tph to Windsor & Eton Riverside
- 2tph to Woking
London buses routes 2, 36 (24 hour service), 77, 87, 88 (24 hour service), 156, 185, 196, 344 (24 hour service), 360, 436 and Night Bus routes N2, N87, N136 serve the station.
A 1914 Railway Clearing House map of lines around Vauxhall station
References[change | change source]
- "Customer metrics: entries and exits: 2005". London Underground performance update. Transport for London. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Customer metrics: entries and exits: 2007". London Underground performance update. Transport for London. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Station usage". Rail statistics. Office of Rail Regulation. 30 April 2010. Retrieved 17 January 2011. Please note: Some methodology may vary year on year.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vauxhall railway station.|
- Train times and station information for Vauxhall station from National Rail
- Plan of the mainline station
|Preceding station||London Underground||Following station|
towards Walthamstow Central
|London Waterloo||South West Trains
South Western Main Line
|Clapham Junction or