Paddington tube station (Bakerloo, Circle and District lines)
|Local authority||City of Westminster|
|Managed by||London Underground|
|Number of platforms||4|
|Accessible||Yes (change between Circle and District lines)|
Paddington Circle and Hammersmith & City lines station 
|London Underground annual entry and exit|
|1913||Opened (BS&WR, as terminus)|
|1926||Started (District line)|
|1949||Started (Circle line)|
|Listed feature||Circle and District line Station|
|Added to list||11 August 2003|
|Lists of stations|
Paddington is a London Underground station that is in the Bakerloo, Circle and District lines. It is located on Praed Street to the south of Paddington mainline station and has entrances from Praed Street and from inside the mainline train station. On the Bakerloo line the station is between Warwick Avenue and Edgware Road and on the Circle and District lines it is between Bayswater and Edgware Road. It is in London Fare Zone 1.
The station can be divided in two parts: underground platforms, opened in 1868 and deep-level platforms, opened in 1913. It is one of two separate Underground stations of the same name. The other station, to the north of the mainline station, is in the Circle and Hammersmith & City lines. Although shown on the London Underground map as a single station, the two stations are not directly linked and exchange between them is via the merge of the mainline station.
References[change | change source]
- "Step free Tube Guide" (PDF). Transport for London. March 2019. Archived (PDF) from the original on 1 June 2019.
- "Out of Station Interchanges" (XLS). Transport for London. May 2011. Archived from the original on 20 October 2012.
- "Multi-year station entry-and-exit figures" (XLSX). London Underground station passenger usage data. Transport for London. January 2018. Retrieved 22 July 2018.
- Historic England. "Paddington, District and Circle Line Underground Station (1392020)". National Heritage List for England (NHLE). Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- Standard Tube Map (PDF) (Map). Not to scale. Transport for London. May 2019. Archived (PDF) from the original on 1 June 2019.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Paddington tube station (Bakerloo, Circle and District lines).|
- London Transport Museum Photographic Archive
|Preceding station||London Underground||Following station|
towards Harrow & Wealdstone
towards Elephant & Castle