1 April 2015 - 31 March 2025
Newcastle upon Tyne
|Route km operated:||3032.0|
|National Rail abbreviation:||SR|
History[change | change source]
National Express operated the ScotRail franchise from March 1997 until October 2004.
On 28 July 2003 Transport Scotland announced Arriva, First and National Express had been chosen to bid for the new franchise.
On 11 June 2004 Transport Scotland awarded the new franchise to First with the services operated by ScotRail moving to First ScotRail on 17 October 2004. It originally traded as First ScotRail before being rebranded as ScotRail in September 2008.
On 8 October 2014, Abellio were awarded the franchise beating First. They started running the trains in April 2015.
References[change | change source]
- Companies House extract company no SC185018 First ScotRail Limited
- "ScotRail franchise". http://www.transportscotland.gov.uk/rail/scotrail-franchise/scotrail-franchise.
- Queiro, Alicia (10-8-14). "ScotRail franchise: How will Abellio deal change Scotland's railways?". http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-29537484.
- Shortlist of ScotRail bidders puts three in the ring Herald Scotland 28 October 2003
- FirstGroup clinches Scottish rail franchise The Telegraph 12 June 2004
- First Welcomes Award of ScotRail Franchise First ScotRail Press Release 11 June 2004
- Railways Act 2005
|Operator of ScotRail franchise
2004 — present