|Born||William Bruce Rose, Jr.
February 6, 1962
Lafayette, Indiana, U.S.
|Other names||W. Axl Rose, William Bruce Bailey, Bill Rose, Bill Bailey|
|Occupation||Singer-songwriter, musician, record producer|
|Spouse(s)||Erin Everly (1990–1991)|
|Origin||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Genres||Hard rock, heavy metal, blues rock, industrial rock|
|Instruments||Vocals, keyboards, piano, synthesizer, percussion|
|Labels||Geffen, UZI Suicide|
|Associated acts||Guns N' Roses, Hollywood Rose, L.A. Guns, Rapidfire|
Axl Rose (born February 6, 1962) is an American hard rock singer and songwriter. He was born William Bruce Bailey in Lafayette, Indiana, and grew up under the name William 'Bill' Bailey. He is best known as the lead singer for the rock band Guns N' Roses.
Personal life[change | change source]
Rose started dating Erin Everly in early 1986. He wrote "Sweet Child o' Mine" for her and she was in the song's video.
He married Everly on April 28, 1990 in Las Vegas. Everly later said that Rose came to her house the day before their wedding with a gun and told her he would kill himself if she didn't marry him.
References[change | change source]
- Slash; Anthony Bozza (30 October 2007). Slash. HarperCollins. pp. 110–111. ISBN 978-0-06-135142-6.
- Steven Adler; Lawrence J. Spagnola (27 July 2010). My Appetite for Destruction: Sex, and Drugs, and Guns N' Roses. HarperCollins. pp. 94–95. ISBN 978-0-06-191711-0. http://books.google.com/books?id=1O3wuV4QBEAC.
- Empire, Kitty (November 22, 2008). "CD of the week: Guns N' Roses: Chinese Democracy". The Observer (London): Observer Review section, p. 19. http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2008/nov/23/guns-roses-chinese-democracy. Retrieved December 19, 2015.
- "Bye Bye Love". http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20103471,00.html. Retrieved 19 December 2015.
- "Axl Rose Is Dating Lana Del Rey - Rolling Stone". Rolling Stone. http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/report-axl-rose-is-dating-lana-del-rey-20120409. Retrieved 19 December 2015.