|Picture format||16:9, 1080i (HDTV)|
|Launched||Trial: 15 May 2006 |
Full: 1 December 2007
|Virgin Media||Channel 108 (IN MPEG-2)|
|Sky+ HD||Channel 143 (IN H.264/MPEG-4 AVC)|
|Astra 2D||10847V 22000 5/6|
BBC HD was a high-definition television channel provided by the BBC. The service was initially run as a trial from 15 May 2006 until becoming a full service on 1 December 2007. The first HD originated program to be shown on the channel was Planet Earth, shown on 27 May 2006.
BBC HD closed early on 26 March 2013. BBC Two HD replaced it.
References[change | change source]
- "Hello BBC Two HD; Goodbye BBC HD". About the BBC. 2013-03-19. Retrieved 2017-03-02.
Other websites[change | change source]
- BBC HD at bbc.co.uk
- BBC HD International
- BBC HD Australia[permanent dead link]
- How to receive BBC HD at bbc.co.uk
- Report on the digital terrestrial HD trial at bbc.co.uk
- BBC HD at TV Ark Archived 2012-05-10 at the Wayback Machine
- BBC Trust Public Value Test Final Conclusions document Archived 2009-03-20 at the Wayback Machine