|Fate||Merged with ABC Studios|
|Founded||2014New York City, New York, U.S.in|
|Defunct||January 25, 2018|
|Headquarters||CNN Center, |
Exit Poll Live
|Parent||ABC News (2022–present)|
Beme Inc. (//) (pronounced as 'be me'), stylized as beme, was a multimedia company founded by Matt Hackett and Casey Neistat, a vlogger and short film maker on YouTube. Beme Inc. was the creator of the mobile app Beme. On November 28, 2016, CNN announced that it would acquire Beme. CNN intended to invest in the company and create a new brand focused on a young audience. The Beme app was officially shut down on January 31, 2017.
References[change | change source]
- "Casey Neistat's Video App Avoids the Artificial Self-Image - artnet News". artnet News. Retrieved 2016-01-15.
- "Casey Neistat - Youtube". YouTube. Retrieved 2018-10-20.
- Spangler, Todd (28 November 2016). "CNN Acquires Social-Video Startup Beme, Co-Founded by YouTube Star Casey Neistat". Variety.
- Etherington, Darrell (28 November 2016). "CNN buys Casey Neistat's Beme app, brings the YouTuber in-house". Tech Crunch.
- "beme". beme. Archived from the original on 22 December 2016. Retrieved 22 December 2016.