Berlin Tegel Airport
Berlin Tegel Airport
|Operator||Flughafen Berlin Brandenburg GmbH|
|Location||Reinickendorf borough, Berlin, Germany|
|Focus city for|
|Elevation AMSL||122 ft / 37 m|
Berlin Tegel Airport (German: Flughafen Berlin-Tegel) (IATA: TXL, ICAO: EDDT) is the main international airport of Berlin, the capital of Germany. It formerly served West Berlin. The airport has the IATA Airport Code is TXL. It is referred to as the "Frequent Flyer Airport".
The airport is named after Otto Lilienthal and is the fourth busiest airport in Germany, with 20.5 million passengers in 2017 and about 22 million in 2018. The airport is a hub for Eurowings as well as a base for EasyJet. It is in Tegel, a part of the northern borough of Reinickendorf, 8 km (5.0 mi) northwest of the city centre of Berlin.
Tegel has the most scheduled flights of the three airports serving Berlin.
Airlines[change | change source]
Currently, the following airlines fly to Tegel International Airport:
References[change | change source]
- "Passenger record 2016: 32.9 million passengers at Berlin's airports". Retrieved 12 January 2017.
- "EAD Basic". Euro Control. Retrieved 6 June 2012.
- "ADV Monthly Traffic Report" (PDF). www.adv.aero (in German). p. 12. Retrieved 2018-12-12.
- routesonline.com – easyJet outlines Berlin Tegel network from Jan 2018 6 December 2017
- easyjet.com – Flight Timetables retrieved 4 May 2019
- "easyJet outlines new routes from Berlin Tegel in S18". Routesonline. Retrieved 2018-01-31.
- "Warsaw - Berlin: easyJet cancels flights, LOT will fly more often". pasazer.com. Retrieved 2019-08-13.
- eurowings.com – Route network retrieved 8 June 2019
- austrianaviation.net - "easyJet and Eurowings cut down at Tegel" (German) 30 August 2019
- "Nowa trasa LOT z Warszawy! Zastąpi Air Berlin na trasie do stolicy Niemiec". Fly4free.pl – tanie loty i sposoby na tanie bilety lotnicze. Retrieved 13 March 2019.
- "Winter timetable 2019/2020: Ryanair with new routes from Tegel and Nuremberg". flug.check24.de. 29 March 2019.
- "Ryanair to launch Tel Aviv – Berlin flights". en.globes.co.il. 9 March 2019.
- "Ryanair to swap German bases with LaudaMotion". ch-aviation.com. 20 October 2018.
- "New long to Singapore". Berlin Brandenburg Airport.
- "Scoot plans Berlin launch in June 2018". Routesonline.
- "www.sundair.com". www.sundair.com. Retrieved 13 March 2019.
- "Flight schedules". sunexpress.com.
- "Mit SunExpress in die Sonne der Türkei". Flughafen Berlin Brandenburg. Retrieved 13 March 2019.
- "Timetable". tuifly.com. 8 July 2018. Retrieved 8 July 2018.
- "TUIfly adds Berlin – Dubai charters in W18". routesonline. Retrieved 13 September 2018.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Berlin Tegel Airport.|
- Official website
- Current weather for EDDT at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for TXL at Aviation Safety Network