Borat Subsequent Moviefilm
|Borat Subsequent Moviefilm|
|Directed by||Jason Woliner|
|Based on||Borat Sagdiyev|
by Sacha Baron Cohen
|Music by||Erran Baron Cohen|
|Distributed by||Amazon Studios|
Borat Subsequent Moviefilm: Delivery of Prodigious Bribe to American Regime for Make Benefit Once Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan[a] (or known as simply Borat 2) is a 2020 mockumentary comedy movie directed by Jason Woliner and starring Sacha Baron Cohen. Cohen plays the character Kazakh Borat Sagdiyev. The movie is the sequel of the 2006 movie Borat. The movie also stars Maria Bakalova as Borat's daughter. In the movie, Borat brings his daughter to U.S. Vice President Mike Pence to marry him.
The movie was released on October 23, 2020 on Amazon Prime Video.
Cast[change | change source]
- Sacha Baron Cohen as Borat Margaret Sagdiyev, a Kazakhstani news reporter who has became famous around the world because of Borat, and has been in prison in Kazakhstan for the past 14 years because he brought shame on the country.
- Maria Bakalova as Tutar Sagdiyev, Borat's teenage daughter, who he brings to America as a bride for Mike Pence, having misheard "bribe".
- Dani Popescu as Premier Nursultan Nazarbayev, a fictionalized version of the ruler of Kazakhstan
- Luenell as Luenell, the prostitute who marries Borat at the end of the first film
- Tom Hanks as himself
- Manuel Vieru as Dr. Yamak (Gypsy Tears)
- Miroslav Tolj as Nursultan Tulyakbay
- Alin Popa as HueyLewis / Jeffrey Epstein Sagdiyev, Borat's son
- Ion Gheorghe as Bilak Sagdiyev, Borat's son
- Nicolae Gheorghe as Biram Sagdiyev, Borat's son
- Marcela Codrea as a Kuczek villager
- Luca Nelu as a Kuczek villager
- Nicoleta Ciobanu as Babuska
Mike Pence and Rudy Giuliani appear as themselves.
Notes[change | change source]
- First written onscreen as Borat Gift of Sexy Monkey to Vice Premier Mikhael Pence for Make Benefit Recently Diminished Nation of Kazakhstan, and later as Borat Gift of Daughter to Mikhael Pence for Make Benefit Diminished Nation of Kazakhstan and finally as Borat Delivery of Sexy Gift to Rudy Giuliani in Last-Ditch Attempt to Save Borat from Execution and Make Benefit Diminished Nation of Kazakhstan, as the plans change in the plot of the movie.
References[change | change source]
- Dowd, Maureen (October 17, 2020). "Sacha Baron Cohen: This Time He's Serious". The New York Times. Retrieved October 17, 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Lewis, Isobel (October 15, 2020). "Borat Creators Sued by Estate of Late Holocaust Survivor Who Claimed She Thought Film Was Real Documentary". The Independent. Retrieved October 16, 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Adams, Sam (October 1, 2020). "Who Is 'Irina Nowak', Borat's Co-Star in the Trailer for His New Sequel". Slate. Retrieved October 1, 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Bilstein, Jon (October 20, 2020). "Borat Tries to Collect Jimmy Kimmel's Pants, 'Liquid Release' for Covid-19 Test". Rolling Stone. Retrieved October 21, 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Reilly, Dan (October 22, 2020). "Who's Who in Borat 2: A Guide to Every Notable Cameo". Vulture. Retrieved October 22, 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- DeFore, John (October 21, 2020). "Borat Subsequent Moviefilm: Film Review". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved October 21, 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Ebiri, Bilge (October 21, 2020). "We Should Be Glad Borat Still Exists". Vulture. Retrieved October 22, 2020.