Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
|Donkey Kong Jungle Beat|
|Developer(s)||Nintendo EAD Tokyo Group No. 1|
|Platform(s)||Nintendo GameCube, Wii|
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat is a platform video game for the Nintendo GameCube game console. It was released in Japan on December 16, 2004, in Europe on February 4, 2005, and in North America on March 14, 2005. It is played with the DK Bongos controller.
The game involves combat, platforming, and counterattacking (attacking enemies after they attack you). Players use the left drum to move left, the right drum to move right, and both drums to jump. Clapping or hitting the sides of the drums causes Donkey Kong to clap. Clapping produces a small small red ring and a bigger green one. Enemies that are in the red ring are usually defeated, and those that are in the green ring are usually stunned. Stunned enemies can be killed by jumping on them and hitting the drums repeatedly. The goal is not just to get to the end of the level, but also to get as many "beats" (points) as the player can. Beats are gotten by grabbing bananas, and lost by being hit or falling. More beats can be gotten by doing combos while grabbing bananas.
The level system involves several "kingdoms." Each kingdom has three platforming levels. At the end of each kingdom is a boss. There are four species of bosses. Each species of boss has different fighting styles and ways of defeating. After a boss is defeated, the number of beats is counted, and the player earns a crest depending on how many were gotten. The crests are as follows:
In 2008 and 2009, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat was one of the games released as part of the "New Play Control!" series of remade Nintendo GameCube games for the Wii. It features new and changed levels along with more traditional controls that use the analog stick to move and the A button to jump.
References[change | change source]
- "How Super Mario Galaxy Was Born". Iwata Asks: Super Mario Galaxy. Nintendo of America, Inc. Archived from the original on 17 October 2011. Retrieved 18 September 2010.
- "MobyGames: Release Info". Retrieved 16 April 2012.
- "Updated Australian Release List - 14/02/03". PALGN. 2005-02-14. Retrieved 2009-08-10.
- "New Controls Have Donkey Kong Moving to a New Beat". Nintendo of America. 4 May 2009. Retrieved 14 December 2009.
- "In shops now: NEW PLAY CONTROL! Donkey Kong Jungle Beat". Nintendo of Europe. 5 June 2009. Retrieved 14 December 2009.
- Salter, Ben (30 April 2009). "Nintendo AU Date Two New Play Control Titles". MyWii.com.au. MyMedia. Archived from the original on 30 December 2012. Retrieved 14 December 2009.
- "Pikmin 2 and Donkey Kong Jungle Beat Get New Play Control".