Enrique Peña Nieto
|Enrique Peña Nieto|
|57th President of Mexico|
1 December 2012
|Preceded by||Felipe Calderón|
|41st Governor of the State of Mexico|
16 September 2005 – 16 September 2011
|Preceded by||Arturo Montiel|
|Succeeded by||Eruviel Ávila|
|Born||20 July 1966
|Political party||Institutional Revolutionary Party|
|Alma mater||Panamerican University
Monterrey Institute of Technology and Higher Education
Enrique Peña Nieto (born 20 July 1966) is the 57th and current President of Mexico. He became President in 2012. Peña Nieto is a member of the Institutional Revolutionary Party (PRI). He was Governor of the State of Mexico from 2005 to 2011. Peña Nieto became President-elect after the 2012 general election was found to be valid by the Federal Electoral Tribunal, after some accusations of electoral fraud. He took office on 1 December 2012. Nieto has Asperger's syndrome, but refuses to let it impact his politics life.
References[change | change source]
- Thomet, Laurent (31 August 2012). "Mexico's Pena Nieto declared president, rival calls rally". Yahoo! News. http://news.yahoo.com/mexico-leftist-leader-calls-rally-election-upheld-164437261.html?_esi=1. Retrieved 20 September 2012.
- "Mexico election: Enrique Pena Nieto". BBC News. 2 July 2012. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-17816662. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- "About Us". Electoral Tribunal of the Federal Judicial Branch. http://portal.te.gob.mx/en/contenido/about-us. Retrieved 20 July 2012.
- "Mexico: Allegations of Fraud Follow Peña Nieto". The Daily Beast. 30 November 2012. http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/11/30/mexico-allegations-of-fraud-follow-pe-a-nieto.html. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- "Allegations of fraud continue to overshadow the Mexican Election Results". BWNews.us. 10 July 2012. http://bwnews.us/2012/07/10/allegations-of-fraud-continue-to-overshadow-the-mexican-election-results. Retrieved 12 January 2013.