|Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) interchange and terminus|
|Location||21 Changi South Avenue 1|
Singapore 486065 (EWL)
2 Expo Drive
Singapore 485985 (DTL)
|Owned by||Land Transport Authority|
|Operated by||SMRT Trains Ltd (SMRT Corporation) (East West and Thomson–East Coast lines)|
SBS Transit DTL Pte Ltd (ComfortDelGro Corporation) (Downtown line)
|Platforms||4 (2 island platforms)|
|Depth||25 metres (82 ft)|
|Parking||Yes (Changi City Point, Singapore Expo)|
|Bicycle facilities||Yes (External)|
|Opened||10 January 2001 (East West line)|
21 October 2017 (Downtown line)
|Opening||2040(Thomson-East Coast line)|
|Passengers (April 2021)||6,988 per day|
History[change | change source]
The station was opened 10 January 2001 for the East West Line and on 21 October 2017 for the Downtown line. It was originally named Somapah. This station was the last station to use the old MRT station coding, E13 before it eventually phased out on 31 July 2001.
The station has been connected from the East West Line to the Downtown Line through the former public underpass from 2001 to 2011. Exit A is an unpaid linkway from the East West Line to the Downtown Line.
Design[change | change source]
The station is designed with a titanium structure and a cantilevered roof with a modern, space-age look.
References[change | change source]
- "Expo MRT Station (CG1)". OneMap. Singapore Land Authority. Archived from the original on 21 May 2021. Retrieved 21 May 2021.
- "Expo MRT Station (DT35)". OneMap. Singapore Land Authority. Archived from the original on 21 May 2021. Retrieved 21 May 2021.
- "Expo – Amenities". SMRT Journeys. Archived from the original on 21 May 2021. Retrieved 21 May 2021.
- "News Room – News Releases – Factsheet: Downtown Line 3 to Open on 21 October 2017". LTA. 21 October 2017. Archived from the original on 22 April 2020. Retrieved 20 August 2020.
- "Land Transport DataMall". mytransport.sg. Archived from the original on 21 August 2020. Retrieved 11 December 2020.