FBI search of Mar-a-Lago
On August 8, 2022, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) performed a search warrant at Mar-a-Lago, the personal residence of former U.S. president Donald Trump in Palm Beach, Florida. The search was about a safe owned by Trump that might have had classified documents from the White House when Trump was president. Trump was at Trump Tower in New York City during the search.
The White House said that President Joe Biden did not know about the search before it happened.
Many Republicans including Marco Rubio, Ron DeSantis, Mike Pence, Marjorie Taylor Greene and Kevin McCarthy and some Democrats including Tulsi Gabbard, Andrew Cuomo and Andrew Yang did not support the FBI raid and criticized the FBI.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ "Trump Says the FBI Raided Mar-a-Lago and Broke Into His Safe". New York. August 9, 2022. Retrieved August 9, 2022.
- ↑ Haberman, Maggie; Protess, Ben; Goldman, Adam (August 8, 2022). "F.B.I. Searches Trump's Home in Florida". The New York Times. Archived from the original on August 8, 2022. Retrieved August 8, 2022.
- ↑ Haberman, Maggie (August 8, 2022). "Trump was not at Mar-a-Lago when the search took place". The New York Times. Archived from the original on August 9, 2022. Retrieved August 8, 2022.
- ↑ Haroun, Azmi (August 8, 2022). "Trump was perched in Trump Tower as he decried 'unauthorized raid on my home' at Mar-a-Lago resort: CNN". Insider. Archived from the original on August 9, 2022. Retrieved August 9, 2022.
- ↑ Quinn, Melissa (August 9, 2022). "Biden didn't know about FBI search of Trump's Mar-a-Lago ahead of time, White House says". CBS News. Retrieved August 10, 2022.
- ↑ Schonfeld, Zach (9 August 2022). "Pence demands 'full accounting' from Garland on Mar-a-Lago search". The Hill.
- ↑ "Live Updates: Search of Trump's Florida Residence Signals Depth of Federal Investigation". The New York Times. Retrieved 10 August 2022.
- ↑ Gillespie, Brandon; Spady, Aubrie (9 August 2022). "Vulnerable House Democrats largely silent following FBI raid of Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate". Fox News.