Federico Santa María Technical University
Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María
Ex umbra in solem
Motto in English
|From the shadow into the light|
|Rector||José Rodríguez Pérez (2006–2014) (reelected in 2010)|
|Campus||Urban, 92,414 square metres (9.2414 ha) (main campus)|
|Colors||Azure, Gules and Or|
The Federico Santa María Technical University (Spanish: Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María) (UTFSM or also Santa Maria University) is a Chilean university founded on 1926 with a central campus located in Valparaíso. The rest of campuses are located in Viña del Mar, Santiago, Talcahuano and Rancagua, and a international campus in Guayaquil, Ecuador. The institution is the alma mater of some notable Chilean businessmens, engineers and scientists. Actually, campuses are focused on undergraduate, graduate and university academical activities and sedes are mainly dedicated to technical degrees.
Campus[change | change source]
- Casa Central, main campus. Inaugurated in 1931 in Valparaíso
- Campus Santiago Vitacura and Campus Santiago San Joaquín, Archived 2015-06-20 at the Wayback Machine in the capital, Santiago.
- Campus Guayaquil, located in Guayaquil, Ecuador.
- Sede José Miguel Carrera, Archived 2019-09-06 at the Wayback Machine located in Viña del Mar.
- Sede Rey Balduino de Bélgica, Archived 2004-06-11 at the Wayback Machine in the seaport city of Talcahuano.
Notes and References[change | change source]
- "Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María – Ingeniería en Chile". Utfsm.cl. Retrieved 2010-12-25.
- "Manual (in Spanish language)" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on March 3, 2016. Retrieved March 8, 2015.
Other websites[change | change source]