Gal Gadot in 2014
|Born||April 30, 1985
Rosh HaAyin, Israel
|Residence||Tel Aviv, Israel|
|Spouse(s)||Yaron Varsano (m. 2008–present)|
Gal Gadot (/ / GAH-l gah-'DO-t; Hebrew: גל גדות; born 30 April 1985) is an Israeli actress and model. Gadot won Miss Israel 2004. She played Gisele Harabo in the 2009 movie Fast and Furious. Gadot also played Wonder Woman in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice in 2016. She will appear in her own Wonder Woman movie simply titled Wonder Woman (2017). She will appear again as Wonder Woman in Justice League (2017). In 2013, she was ranked as the second highest earning fashion model in Israel. She is the face of Gucci's Bamboo perfume.
Early life[change | change source]
Gadot was born in Israel to Jewish parents. She was born and grew up in Rosh HaAyin, Israel. In Hebrew, her first name means "wave". Her last name means "riverbanks". Her parents were born in Israel. They changed their last name from "Greenstein" to "Gadot". Her father Michael Gadot is an engineer. Her mother Irit (née Weiss) is a teacher. Gadot's grandparents are Holocaust survivors.
Military service[change | change source]
From the age of 20, Gadot served for two years as a soldier of the Israel Defense Forces. She did well in the three month training. Gadot says of her time in the army, "You give two or three years, and it's not about you. You give your freedom away for a while. You learn discipline and respect".
References[change | change source]
- Jimmy Kimmel Live (16 March 2016). "Gal Gadot Asks Jimmy Kimmel About Her Breasts". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA8pQMJrcNY. Retrieved 2 August 2016.
- "Gal Gadot". AllMovie.com. http://www.allmovie.com/artist/gal-gadot-p626487. Retrieved 20 January 2016.
- "Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman: Comics world reacts on Twitter". latimes.com. 5 December 2013. http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movies/gal-gadot-cast-as-wonder-woman-comics-world-reacts-on-twitter/#/0. Retrieved 2 August 2016.
- הדוגמניות המרוויחות ביותר בישראל Forbes Israel, June 2013
- Romeyn, Kathryn (9 July 2015). "Wonder Woman Gal Gadot is the Face of Gucci's New Fragrance". The Hollywood Reporter.
- "Chatting With 'Fast Five' Star Gal Gadot". forward.com. http://blogs.forward.com/the-shmooze/137439/chatting-with-fast-five-star-gal-gadot/. Retrieved 13 August 2016.
- "Chatting With 'Fast Five' Star Gal Gadot". forward.com. http://blogs.forward.com/the-shmooze/137439/. Retrieved 13 August 2016.
- Appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live, 15 March 2016.
- "יום השואה: מפורסמים משתפים בזכרון אישי - וואלה! סלבס". walla.co.il. http://celebs.walla.co.il/item/2846540. Retrieved 13 August 2016.
- "מס' 16: גל גדות". 9 February 2004. http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-2872144,00.html. Retrieved 13 August 2016.
- Gal Gadot Is Wonder Woman: "She Is Not Relying on a Man, and She's Not There Because of a Love Story" By Glamour.com
- "סופר־גירל" (in he). ynet. 2016-03-22. http://www.yediot.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-4781539,00.html. Retrieved 2016-08-02.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Gal Gadot|