Georgia at the 2018 Winter Paralympics
Team[change | change source]
The table below contains the list of members of people (called "Team Georgia") that will be participating in the 2018 Games.
|Temuri Dadiani||para-Nordic skiing||male|||
|Nino Sabashvili||para-Nordic skiing||female||LW12|||
Para-Nordic skiing[change | change source]
Skiers[change | change source]
Temuri Dadiani competes in three sports: cycling, wheelchair fencing and para-Nordic skiing. He competed in cycling at the 2017 Invictus Games. He has a Guinness World Record. It is for doing 44 push-ups in one minute. Dadiani was in the military. While an officer in Afghanistan in August 2011, he was hit by a landmine. Doctors amputated both his legs.
Nino Sabashvili had a goal of winning a Paralympic medal. Her first sport is para-armwrestling. The sport is not on the program for the Summer or Winter Paralympic Games. She started para-Nordic skiing so she could compete in a sport that is on the program. She is very good at para-armwrestling. At the 2016 World Para Armwrestling Championships in Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria, she won two silver medals.
References[change | change source]
- რადიო იმედი (27 February 2018), ზამთრის პარალიმპიური თამაშები/“დილის სამინისტრო“/რადიო იმედი, Radio Imedi, retrieved 27 February 2018
- "PyeongChang 2018: 10 things to know". www.paralympic.org. Retrieved 2018-02-13.
- Desk, India.com Sports (26 February 2018). "PyeongChang to Host Largest Winter Paralympics in March". India.com. Retrieved 28 February 2018.
- "Georgia". International Paralympic Committee. Retrieved 27 February 2018.
- "Temuri Dadiani". International Paralympic Committee. Retrieved 27 February 2018.
- "Nino Sabashvili". International Paralympic Committee. Retrieved 28 February 2018.