Gilbert Charles Stuart (born Gilbert Charles Stewart December 3, 1755 – July 9, 1828) was an American painter. He was known for painting many portraits of the American Founding Fathers and six Presidents of the United States including George Washington's official portrait. Many of his paintings are in museums in Washington, D.C., London, and in Boston.
References[change | change source]
- "Gilbert Stuart (1775–1828)". Worcester Art Museum. Retrieved 2008-02-04.
- McLanathan, Gilbert Stuart, p148
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Gilbert Stuart at Wikimedia Commons
- Gilbert Stuart at the National Gallery of Art, Washington Archived 2006-10-19 at the Wayback Machine
- Gilbert Stuart Biography, National Gallery of Art Archived 2010-04-12 at the Wayback Machine
- Gilbert Stuart Museum Website
- Gilbert-Stuart.org 155 works by Gilbert Stuart
- Gilbert Stuart on ArtCyclopedia