Grigoriy Zakharovich Bronza
Григо́рий Заха́рович Бро́нза
|Known for||graphics, sculpture, painting|
|stamps of Transnistria and Moldova|
Grigoriy Zakharovich Bronza[a] (30 April 1927 – 30 January 2010) was an artist of Transnistria (Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic). He was an art restorer and an honorary member of the Transnistria Union of Artists. Bronza was a designer of postage stamps of Transnistria and Moldova. He also helped create a number of museums in the former Soviet Union.
World War II[change | change source]
- Order of the Patriotic War,
- Medal for Battle Merit,
- Medal "For the Victory over Germany in the Great Patriotic War 1941–1945",
- Medal "For the Victory over Japan".
Postage stamps[change | change source]
Bronza is the author of the first stamps of Moldova issued in June 1991. He designed the first stamps of the Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic issued in December 1993. Bronza designed the third definitive stamp issue of Transnistria (1997). He also created a series of stamps for the 5th anniversary of the events in Bender (1997), a series of stamps "Historical and modern coats of arms of cities of Transnistria" (1999), and the 200th anniversary of Alexander Pushkin issue (1999).
Notes[change | change source]
- Russian: Григо́рий Заха́рович Бро́нза.
References[change | change source]
- Biography of Grigoriy Bronza. Inventory No. 1. Cases of permanent storage. Central State Archive of the Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic, Fund No. 1002. (Russian)
- "Виртуальная выставка. Почтовые марки ПМР". Виртуальные выставки (in Russian). Мир м@рок; Союз филателистов России. Chronological stamp collection of S. V. Rogutsky. Archived from the original on 2012-04-20. Retrieved 2011-07-25.