Henriette Adelaide of Savoy
|Henriette Adelaide of Savoy|
|[Electress of Bavaria|
|Consort||27 September 1651 – 13 June 1676|
|Born||6 November 1636|
Castello del Valentino, Turin, Duchy of Savoy
|Died||13 June 1676 (aged 39)|
Nymphenburg Palace, Munich
|Spouse||Ferdinand Maria, Elector of Bavaria|
|Maria Anna Victoria, Dauphine of France|
Maximilian II Emanuel, Elector of Bavaria
Joseph Clemens, Elector-Archbishop of Cologne
Violante Beatrice, Grand Princess of Tuscany
|House||House of Wittelsbach|
House of Savoy
|Father||Victor Amadeus I, Duke of Savoy|
|Mother||Christine of France|
Henriette Adelaide of Savoy (6 November 1636 - 13 June 1676) was the wife of the Elector of Bavaria Ferdinand Maria. She had much influence and with her husband did much to improve the Electorate of Bavaria, her adopted country. She was a daughter of Victor Amadeus I, Duke of Savoy.
She was the older of twins. Her twin sister was Catherine Beatrice of Savoy. Her mother was Christine of France, daughter of Henry IV of France and Marie de' Medici. Christine was regent for her brother Charles Emmanuel II.
On 8 December 1650 she married Ferdinand Maria, future Elector of Bavaria. The next year Ferdinand Maria became Elector, when his father Maximilian died. Henriette Adelaide had a lot of influence on Bavarian politics, in favor of France. This led to her eldest daughter marrying the Grand Dauphin in 1680. She also had a great part in the building of Nymphenburg Palace and the Theatinerkirche.
Issue[change | change source]
- Maria Anna Victoria of Bavaria 28 November 1660 – 20 April 1690) married Louis, Grand Dauphin and had issue; present King of Spain descends from her.
- Maximilian II Emanuel, Elector of Bavaria (11 July 1662 – 26 February 1726), next Elector of Bavaria; married Maria Antonia of Austria and had issue; married Theresa Kunegunda Sobieska and had issue.
- Luise Margarete Antonie of Bavaria.
- Ludwig Amadeus Victor of Bavaria.
- Kajetan Maria Franz of Bavaria.
- Joseph Clemens of Bavaria (5 December 1671 – 12 November 1723) Elector and Archbishop of Cologne.
- Violante Beatrice of Bavaria (3 April 1673 – 3 June 1731) married Ferdinando de' Medici, Grand Prince of Tuscany.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Category:Princess Henriette Adelaide of Savoy at Wikimedia Commons