Etymology[change | change source]
The twelve[change | change source]
In one of the more well known stories of Hercules, he had to complete twelve tasks. These tasks were:
- Kill the Nemean Lion and bring back its fur. (Leo)
- Kill the Lernaean Hydra.
- Capture the Ceryneian Hind.
- Capture the Erymanthian Boar.
- Clean the Augean stables in a single day.
- Kill the Stymphalian Birds.
- Capture the Cretan Bull.
- Steal the Mares of Diomedes.
- Get the Girdle of Hippolyte.
- Get the Cows of Geryon.
- Steal the Apples of the Hesperides.
- Capture Cerberus, the guardian dog of The Underworld and bring him back.
Other versions of the title Hercules[change | change source]
Hercules is also a character in Marvel Comics. He was an ally of the mighty Thor. He is the leader and a founding member of the super team the Champions. He was created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby in 1962.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Hercules at Wikimedia Commons