Honda is a large engineering company from Japan. It is well known for making cars and motorcycles. Although Honda started in Japan, it now has many factories in other countries that includes the United States, Canada, Brazil, Thailand and China. Honda sells a luxury line of cars in the United States with the Acura name.
Some of the cars that Honda makes include the:
- Honda Accord, sold as a four door sedan, a two door coupe, and a station wagon.
- Honda Civic, sold as a four door sedan, a two door coupe, and a hatchback (but only in some countries). The Honda Civic is smaller than the Honda Accord.
- Honda Insight, a small sedan. The Insight is about the size of a Civic, but it is built mostly for fuel economy.
- Honda Jazz, a car that is smaller than the Civic. Also known as the Honda Fit.
- Honda CR-V which is a small SUV.
- Honda HR-V, a subcompact SUV.
- Honda NSX, a sports car
- Honda Pilot which is a medium size SUV.
- Honda Ridgeline, a four door pickup truck
- Honda Odyssey Minivan. There are two versions of the Odyssey. The car sold in North America is longer and wider than the Odyssey sold in Japan. The Japanese Odyssey is actually a compact MPV.
- Honda S2000, a sports car with two seats.
Some of the cars Honda has made in the past are:
- Honda Prelude, a sport coupe also built from the Civic
- Honda Integra
- Honda S500, a two door roadster convertible
Honda also makes ATVs. Honda is also known for participating in a very wide range of motorsport events, including Formula 1, MotoGP, LeMans, IRL and others.
Honda also makes small engines for chainsaws, lawnmowers and leaf blowers.
Honda does a lot of research on humanlike robots. Honda built Asimo, a robot that can walk, talk, dance,carry stuff and answer questions. These are not yet for sale in the United States.
Honda also creates Jet Airplanes, known as the HondaJet. The jet is rarely seen in America but it is an amazing airplane according to reviews on www.google.com