Ishfaq Ahmad, c. 1990s
|Died||18 January 2018 (aged 87)|
|Nationality||Indian, (1930–1947) Pakistani (1947–2018)|
|Alma mater||Université de Montréal|
University of Punjab
|Known for||Nuclear Deterrence|
Contribution to Pion and particle physics
|Institutions||Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission|
International Atomic Energy Agency
Government College University
National Center for Physics
|Thesis||Structure et identification des trajectoires dans les emulsions ionographiques à grain fin (1959)|
|Doctoral advisor||Pierre Demers|
|Other academic advisors||Rafi Chaudhry|
|Notable students||Javed Aslam|
Ishfaq Ahmad (3 November 1930 – 18 January, 2018) D.Sc., Minister of State, SI, HI, NI, FPAS, was a Pakistani nuclear physicist, emeritus professor of high-energy physics at the National Center for Physics, and former science advisor to the Government of Pakistan.
Death[change | change source]
Honors and awards[change | change source]
- Nishan-i-Imitiaz (1998)
- Hilal-i-Imtiaz (1995)
- Sitara-i-Imtiaz (1989)
- Gold Medal, Pakistan Academy of Sciences (1998)
- Gold Medal, Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM) (1998)
- Gold Medal, Society of Engineering, Materials and Metallurgical Engineering (SEMME), Karachi, (1998)
- Gold Medal, Geological Society of Punjab, (1998)
- Doctorate of Science Honoris Causa, UET Lahore, 2000.
- Who's who in atom, American Institute of Physics (1969)
References[change | change source]
- "Dr. Ishfaq Ahmad (N.I, H.I, S.I) Advisor S&T / Minister of State". Government of Pakistan. Retrieved 14 August 2012.
- Nuclear physicist Ishfaq Ahmad passes away at 87
Other websites[change | change source]
- Dr. Ishfaq Ahmed* Ishfaq Ahmad Minister of State
- Ahmad, Ishfaq. "Managing Nuclear Technology" (PDF). IAEA and Government of Pakistan. IAEA. Retrieved 19 October 2012.