Jelle Zijlstra (Augustus 27, 1918 in Oosterbierum - December 23, 2001 in Wassenaar) was a Dutch economist and a politician of the Anti-Revolutionary Party (ARP).
Zijlstra studied economics at the Erasmus University Rotterdam and was a economics professor at the Free University Amsterdam.
He was prime minister from 1966 to 1967. He was also a government minister, a member-parliamentary leader of the Second Chamber and a member of the First Chamber.
After his political career he was president of De Nederlandsche Bank, the Dutch central bank.
Zijlstra was a Reformed Christian. He died in 2001, aged 83.
References[change | change source]
- (in Dutch) Bio at Parlement.com
- 1918 births
- 2001 deaths
- Anti-Revolutionary Party politicians
- Dutch academics
- Dutch Calvinists
- Dutch economists
- Former leaders of political parties in the Netherlands
- Members of the House of Representatives of the Netherlands
- Members of the Senate of the Netherlands
- Government ministers of the Netherlands
- Politicians from Friesland
- Prime Ministers of the Netherlands