Joop den Uyl
Johannes Marten "Joop" den Uyl  (born August 9, 1919 in Hilversum - December 24, 1987 in Amsterdam) was a Dutch politician of the Labour Party (PvdA).
Den Uyl was Prime Minister of the Netherlands from 1973 to 1977, the so-called Den Uyl cabinet.
He was als a member of the Second Chamber, an alderman of Amsterdam, and a government minister.
He studied economics at the University of Amsterdam.
Although raised a Reformed Christian, he turned agnostic.
Den Uyl died of a brain tumor, aged 68.
References[change | change source]
- (in Dutch) Bio at Parlement.com
- ↑ Officialy den Uijl.
- 1919 births
- 1987 deaths
- Cancer deaths in the Netherlands
- Deaths from brain cancer
- Deputy Prime Ministers of the Netherlands
- Aldermen of the Netherlands
- Dutch councillors
- Dutch former Christians
- Former leaders of political parties in the Netherlands
- Members of the House of Representatives of the Netherlands
- Government ministers of the Netherlands
- Labour Party (Netherlands) politicians
- People from Hilversum
- Politicians from North Holland
- Prime Ministers of the Netherlands