Joey Graceffa speaking at the 2014 VidCon
|Born||Joseph Michael Graceffa|
May 16, 1991
Marlborough, Massachusetts, U.S.
|Partner(s)||Daniel Christopher Preda|
|Genre||vlogging, gaming, how-to|
|Subscribers||8,931,835 subscribers (main) 2,590,135 subscribers (gaming)|
|Total views||978 million views (main), |
300 million views (gaming) 1.2 billion views (combined main and gaming)
|Associated acts||Shane Dawson, Miranda Sings, Tyler Oakley|
Joseph Michael "Joey" Graceffa (born May 16, 1991) is an American YouTuber who became known for his musical parodies, including the 2012 Hunger Games song "I Wanna Go." He competed in the 22nd and 24th seasons of The Amazing Race. In 2014, he won a Streamy Award for Best Actor in a Drama for Storytellers. He started his YouTube career making videos (short movies) with Brittany Joyal. In 2012 they stopped working together.
Graceffa launched his own web series on Teen.com called Joey's Dystopia. He released a book in 2015 titled In Real Life: My Journey to a Pixelated World. In the book he came out as gay. He also later released a music video called "Don't Wait" introducing his boyfriend, Daniel Preda. Graceffa has 3.9 million followers on Twitter (October 2017). He has also released a storybook series, called the Children of Eden. On October 4, 2016, Graceffa, along with co-author Laura L. Sullivan, released a young adult novel titled Children of Eden. The sequel, Elites of Eden, was published on October 3, 2017.
Personal life[change | change source]
He grew up with his family in Boston before moving on his own to California to pursue his career. His parents divorced when he was young. He has a brother named Jett and a sister named Nicole. In 2016 he introduced his boyfriend, Daniel Preda. He is good friends with many fellow YouTubers, including Cat Valdes and Louise Pentland.
References[change | change source]
- "Famous Birthdays Today, May 16: Megan Fox, Joey Graceffa, Janet Jackson, Pierce Brosnan, Kelly Hyland, Tori Spelling". yareah.com. Yareah Magazine. 15 May 2014. Retrieved 22 August 2016.
- "Winners announced for the 4th annual Streamy Awards presented by Coca Cola". www.streamys.org. Tubefilter, Inc. Retrieved 22 August 2016.
- Mary Cosola. "Review: In Real Life: My Journey to a Pixelated World". Common Sense Media Inc. Retrieved 23 August 2016.
- "Joey Graceffa". twitter.com. Twitter. Retrieved 22 August 2016.
- "Children Of Eden - Joey Graceffa". JoeyGraceffa.com. Keywords Press. October 13, 2016.
- Graceffa, Joey. "Elites of Eden book". JoeyGraceffa.com.
- "Biography: Joey Graceffa". teenreads. The Book Report, Inc. Retrieved 23 August 2016.
- Diana Pearl (14 February 2016). "YouTube's Joey Graceffa Introduces His Boyfriend for the First Time". People. Time Inc. Retrieved 23 August 2016.