K.G.F: Chapter 2
The English used in this article or section may not be easy for everybody to understand.
|K.G.F: Chapter 2|
|Directed by||Prashanth Neel|
|Written by||Prashanth Neel|
|Produced by||Vijay Kiragandur |
|Box office||est. ₹1,180 crore|
K.G.F: Chapter 2 is a 2022 Indian Kannada-language action movie. The movie was written and directed by Prashanth Neel. It was produced by Hombale Films. The movie is the second part of the two-part series. It is the sequel to the 2018 movie K.G.F: Chapter 1. The movie stars Yash, Sanjay Dutt, Srinidhi Shetty, Raveena Tandon and Prakash Raj.
Production[change | change source]
Neel used the same crew as the first movie. The cinematographer was Bhuvan Gowda. Ravi Basrur wrote the score for the movie The movie had a budget of ₹100 crore ($13.1m).  This makes it the most expensive Kannada-language movie as of March 2022. The movie theatrically released in Kannada on 14 April 2022 with dubbed versions of the movie in Telugu, Hindi, Tamil and Malayalam languages.
Plot[change | change source]
In the blood-soaked Kolar Gold Fields (KGF), Rocky's name strikes fear into his foes. While his allies look up to him, the government sees him as a threat to law and order, and Rocky must battle threats from all sides.
Cast[change | change source]
- Yash as Raja Krishnappa Bairya a.k.a. Rocky
- Anmol Vijay as young Rocky
- Sanjay Dutt as Adheera, Suryavardhan's brother
- Srinidhi Shetty as Reena Desai, Rocky's wife
- Raveena Tandon as Ramika Sen, Prime Minister of India
- Anant Nag as Anand Ingalagi, the author of , the controversial book that details the supposed true events of Rocky's uprising in the cult
- Ashok Sharma as young Anand Ingalagi
- Prakash Raj as Vijayendra Ingalagi, son of Anand Ingalagi
- Archana Jois as Shanthamma, Rocky's mother
- Ramesh Indira as Suryavardhan, the founder of the KGF's political cult, father of Garuda and Virat
- Ramachandra Raju as Garuda, Suryavardhan's son
- Achyuth Kumar as Guru Pandian
- Malavika Avinash as Deepa Hegde, the Chief Editor of 24/news channel
- B.S. Avinash as Andrews
- Vasishta N. Simha as Kamal
- B. Suresha as Vittal, a slave at Narachi
- Eswari Rao
- Rao Ramesh as Kanneganti Raghavan, C.B.I Officer
- T. S. Nagabharana as Srinivas, news channel owner
- Saran Shakthi
- Appaji Ambarisha Darbha as Speaker of the Indian Parliament
- Lakki Lakshman as Rajendra Desai, the father of Reena and a high-ranking associate at KGF
- Vinay Bidappa as Virat, Garuda's younger brother
- Ayyappa P. Sharma as Vanaram, commander of KGF
- John Kokken as John, overseer of KGF
- Govinde Gowda as a peon at 24/News
- Harish Rai as Khasim, Shetty's aide and Rocky's confidant
- Tarak Ponnappa as Daya, Andrews' aide
- Dinesh Mangaluru as Shetty, Rocky's employer and a prominent gold smuggler
- Balakrishna as Inayat Khalil
- T. N. Srinivas Murthy as Narayan, a slave at KGF
- Mohan Juneja as Nagaraju, an informer to Anand Ingalagi
- Roopa Rayappa as Shanthi, a slave at KGF
Music[change | change source]
Marketing[change | change source]
As a part of the promotional activities, a fictional newspaper named KGF Times was designed based on vintage newspapers. Starting from 4 to 10 January 2021, the makers unveiled the new editions of the movie through their social media accounts.
The teaser trailer was initially scheduled to release on 8 January 2021, coinciding with Yash's birthday. However, after few cuts from the teaser leaked through the internet,[source?] the makers unveiled the teaser on 7 January, ahead of the official launch. Instead of releasing the teaser in five languages, the makers released it as a single teaser featuring English dialogues. It became the most viewed and most liked teaser.
Release[change | change source]
Theatrical[change | change source]
K.G.F: Chapter 2 was originally scheduled to release in theatres on 23 October 2020, coinciding with Dusshera festival. However, the release was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic in India. In January 2021, the filmmakers announced that it will be released theatrically on 16 July 2021. However, it was postponed again for the same reason. In August 2021, the new release date was announced as 14 April 2022. It released in Kannada and dubbed versions of Telugu, Hindi, Tamil and Malayalam languages.
Distribution[change | change source]
KRG Studios, a sister company of the movie's studio Hombale Films, bought the distribution rights of the Kannada version while the Hindi version would be distributed by Rithesh Sidhwani, Farhan Akhtar and Anil Thadani under their banners Excel Entertainment and AA Films who had also bought the predecessor of the movie. The rights for the Telugu dubbed version were sold to Dil Raju's Sri Venkateswara Creations. whereas Prithviraj Sukumaran acquired the rights for the Malayalam dubbed version under his Prithviraj Productions banner. The rights for the Tamil dubbed version were acquired by Dream Warrior Pictures.
Home media[change | change source]
Satellite rights of the movie were acquired by ZEE Network for the four languages in South India. Their four channels - Zee Kannada for the Kannada version of the movie Zee Tamil for the Tamil version, Zee Telugu for the Telugu version and Zee Keralam for the Malayalam version - bagged the worldwide satellite rights of the movie.
Controversy[change | change source]
The Karnataka State Anti-Tobacco Cell sent a notice to actor Yash, producer Vijay Kiragandur and filmmaker Prashanth Neel on 11 January 2021 as the makers failed to display the anti-smoking warning message, particularly in the sequences that involve Yash smoking. As per the law, anti-smoking warnings have to be displayed to stop fans from emulating it.
References[change | change source]
- "He has appeared in music roles in several mocie productions". nm12591446.
- "Anshuman Tiwari Movies or Tv Shows (upto Dec 2021) - Watch Online". flixcatalog.com. 26 December 2021. Retrieved 29 December 2021.
- "Price re-negotiation for Yash's KGF 2; Excel Entertainment acquires Hindi rights for a bomb". Bollywood Hungama. 25 January 2021.
- "KGF Chapter 2: Dil Raju Pays A Monstrous Amount To Bag Telugu Distribution Rights?". 24 February 2021.
- "Top banner acquires KGF Chapter 2's Tamil Nadu rights".
- "Actor Prithviraj acquires Kerala distribution rights of KGF: Chapter 2". Hindustan Times. 5 January 2021.
- "Yash rocking star Upcoming Movies 2021, Release Date, Trailer and Budget - Information News". indiatoday.in. Retrieved 30 January 2021.
- "K.G.F Chapter 2 - Movie - Box Office". bollytrendz.com.
- Shrinag (8 December 2018). "Meet The Technicians Of KGF Movie - The Off-Screen Heroes Of India's Next Big Flick". MetroSaga. Retrieved 14 January 2021.
- "KGF 2 to release in theatres on this date, Yash-Sanjay Dutt hype up the much-anticipated action film". The Indian Express. 23 August 2021.
- "Subscribe to 'KGF Times' to refresh your Rocky Bhai & Co. trivia". The Times of India. Retrieved 14 January 2021.
- "'KGF: Chapter 2' makers release 'KGF Times' newsletter to chronicle film trivia". The News Minute. 6 January 2021. Retrieved 14 January 2021.
- "Official! 'KGF 2' teaser to be unveiled on Yash's birthday". The Times of India. Retrieved 14 January 2021.
- "'KGF Chapter 2': Here's when the teaser of Yash and Sanjay Dutt starrer will be unveiled". The Times of India. Retrieved 14 January 2021.
- "Leaked! KGF: Chapter 2 teaser released a day ahead of Yash's birthday". The Times of India. Retrieved 14 January 2021.
- "Is the 'KGF2' teaser to release in several languages? Deets here". The Times of India. Retrieved 14 January 2021.
- "KGF Chapter 2: Yash, Sanjay Dutt-starrer to hit theatres in July | Regional-cinema News". India TV. 29 January 2021. Retrieved 30 January 2021.
- "KGF 2's teaser crosses 140 million views in four days | Entertainment News,The Indian Express". indianexpress.com. 12 January 2021. Retrieved 30 January 2021.
- "KGF: Chapter 2 to hit screens in October?". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 January 2021.
- "Yash, Raveena Tandon and Sanjay Dutt starrer 'KGF: Chapter 2' to hit the theatres on October 23". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 January 2021.
- "KGF 2 trailer not anytime now, say makers". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 January 2021.
- "KGF Chapter 2 to release in theatres on July 16, Yash goes all guns blazing in new poster". Hindustan Times. 29 January 2021. Retrieved 3 February 2021.
- "KGF Chapter 2 Release Date Announced, Yash-starrer to Hit Theatres on July 16, 2021". News18. 30 January 2021. Retrieved 3 February 2021.
- "The time is not right: Director Prashanth Neel on 'KGF Chapter 2' release date". Deccan Herald. 6 June 2021.
- PTI (30 January 2021). "'KGF: Chapter 2' to release on July 16". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 3 February 2021.
- Hungama, Bollywood (24 January 2019). "KGF Chapter 2 to come soon! Farhan Akhtar shares post with Yash expressing his excitement for the sequel : Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama". Retrieved 9 January 2021.
- "KGF Chapter 2: Dil Raju Bags Telugu Distribution Rights of Yash Starrer for a Whopping Price? - Filmibeat". 23 February 2021.
- "Prithviraj Productions to distribute KGF: Chapter 2 in Kerala". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 9 January 2021.
- "KGF Chapter 2 Satellite Rights: BIG DEVELOPMENT CONFIRMED by Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited". Zee Business. 20 August 2021. Retrieved 20 August 2021.
- TheNameIsYash (21 August 2021). "Yash on Twitter". Twitter.
- "KGF: Chapter 2 satellite rights sold for a whopping price - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 22 August 2021.
- "KGF: Chapter 2 Satellite Rights: Yash-Prashanth Neel's Film To Stream On ZEE!". www.filmibeat.com. 20 August 2021. Retrieved 22 August 2021.
- "Karnataka State Anti-Tobacco Cell raises objection to Yash's smoking sequence in KGF: Chapter 2 teaser". The Times of India. Retrieved 14 January 2021.
- Khan, Laiqh a (12 January 2021). "Objection to smoking visuals in K.G.F Chapter 2 teaser". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 14 January 2021.
- "Yash gets notice from anti-tobacco cell for 'KGF 2' teaser". The Week. Retrieved 14 January 2021.
- "'KGF Chapter 2', 'RRR' Among 10 Most Anticipated Films Of 2022 By IMDb; Check Full List". republicworld.com. 17 December 2021. Retrieved 29 December 2021.