Keira Christina Knightley
26 March 1985
James Righton (m. 2013)
Keira Christina Knightley, OBE (/ˈkɪərə ˈnaɪtli/; born 26 March 1985) is a Golden Globe and Academy Award nominated English actress. She is best known for her first major movie role as Elizabeth Swann in the Pirates of the Caribbean movie trilogy, and as Elizabeth Bennet in Pride & Prejudice.
Early life[change | change source]
Knightley was born on 26 March 1985 in Teddington, London, England. Her mother, Sharman Macdonald, is Scottish. Her father, Will Knightley, is English. He wanted to name his daughter "Kiera", after the Russian ice skater, Kira Ivanova. When her mother went to register her, she misspelt the name. Knightley has an older brother, Caleb. When Knightley lived in Richmond, she studied at Stanley Junior School, Teddington School and Esher College.
When Knightley was three years old, she asked to her parents to hire an agent for her. They promised to do this, if she studied very well. That's why Keira was a good and diligent pupil.
Movies[change | change source]
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (1999)
- Princess of Thieves (2001)
- The Hole (2001)
- Bend It Like Beckham (2002)
- Pure (2002)
- New Year's Eve (2002)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003)
- Love Actually (2003)
- King Arthur (2004)
- The Jacket (2005)
- Pride & Prejudice (2005)
- Domino (2005)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (2007)
- Silk (2007)
- Atonement (2007)
- The Edge of Love (2008)
- The Duchess (2008)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2017)
- The Nutcracker and the Four Realms (2018)
Other websites[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- ↑ "Keira Knightley". 5 January 2015. Retrieved 26 July 2021.