Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
|Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides|
|Directed by||Rob Marshall|
|Produced by||Jerry Bruckheimer|
|Music by||Hans Zimmer|
|Distributed by||Walt Disney Studios|
|Box office||$1.046 billion|
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides is a 2011 American fantasy comedy adventure movie that was directed by Rob Marshall and produced by Jerry Bruckheimer. Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides was released on May 18 and May 20, 2011 in North America. The movie was the fourth movie in the Pirates of the Caribbean francise by Disney and the first and currently the only to be directed by Rob Marshall. It is the sequel to the 2007 film Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. It is based on the novel On Stranger Tides by Tim Powers. The movie was shot in Hawaii, California and Puerto Rico.
Despite receiving mixed reviews from film critics, the film was well welcomed from audiences and fans which praised its story, humor, directing, cast performances (especially those of Depp and Rush), Zimmer's musical score, emotional weight and the action scenes, but it was criticizied for being really inferior to the first three movies and the character of Angelica Teach.
Cast[change | change source]
- Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow
- Geoffrey Rush as Hector Barbossa
- Penélope Cruz as Angelica
- Ian McShane as Blackbeard/Edward Teach
- Kevin McNally as Joshamee Gibbs
- Sam Claflin as Philip Swift
- Àstrid Bergès-Frisbey as Syrena
- Greg Ellis as Lt. Cmdr. Theodore Groves
- Damian O'Hare as Lieutenant Gillette
- Stephen Graham as Scrum
- Óscar Jaenada as The Spaniard
- Gemma Ward as Tamara
- Richard Griffiths as King George II
- Bryson Carvalho as Kales Kamen
- Keith Richards as Captain Teague
- Judi Dench as a noblewoman
- Derek Mears as the Master-at-Arms
- Sebastian Armesto as King Ferdinand VI
- Anton Lesser as Lord John Carteret.
- Roger Allam as Henry Pelham
- Paul Bazely as Salaman
- Gerard Monaco as Spanish Captain
References[change | change source]
- "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides". British Board of Film Classification. May 5, 2011. Archived from the original on March 6, 2016. Retrieved February 7, 2015.
- Sylt, Christian (July 22, 2014). "Fourth Pirates Of The Caribbean Is Most Expensive Movie Ever With Costs Of $410 Million". Forbes. Archived from the original on December 8, 2014. Retrieved December 7, 2014.
Production costs: $410.6 million; rebate: $32.1 million
- "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2011)". Box Office Mojo. Archived from the original on April 25, 2013. Retrieved August 22, 2011.