In politics, left-wing means an attitude that sees social equality as very important.
What a person means by left-wing depends on where the person lives.
- Especially in Western Europe, Australia and New Zealand. Left-wing means Social democracy and Democratic socialism.
Related pages[change | change source]
Left-wing ideologies[change | change source]
Left-wing issues[change | change source]
Bibliography[change | change source]
- Encyclopedia of the American Left, ed. by Mari Jo Buhle, Paul Buhle, Dan Georgakas, Second Edition, Oxford University Press 1998, ISBN 0-19-512088-4
- Lin Chun, The British New Left, Edinburgh : Edinburgh Univ. Press, 1993
- Geoff Eley, Forging Democracy: The History of the Left in Europe, 1850-2000, Oxford University Press 2002, ISBN 0-19-504479-7
- Marxism on Terrorism by John Molyneux
- Terrorism and Communism by Karl Kautsky
- Leftism in India