|Born||18 March 1950|
|Alma mater||St Anne's College, Oxford (MA)|
|Spouse(s)||Michael J. Morgan|
|Awards||Fellow of the Royal Society of Edinburgh (1992) |
Fellow of the Royal Society (1996)
|Institutions||University of Edinburgh|
University of York
University College London
University of Oxford
|Thesis||Behavioural aspects of the ecology of some paridae (1974)|
Dame Linda Partridge DBE FRS (born 18 March 1950) is a British geneticist. She studies the biology and genetics of ageing (biogerontology) and age-related diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease and Parkinson's disease.
Awards[change | change source]
She was awarded Foreign Honorary Membership from the American Academy of Arts and Sciences in 2010. She has been awarded Honorary Degrees (DSc) from the University of Bath in 2011, the University of Oxford and the University of Brighton.
BBC interview[change | change source]
In a recent BBC radio interview Partridge talked about her life and work.
References[change | change source]
- "PARTRIDGE, Dame Linda". Who's Who 2013, A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc, 2013; online edn, Oxford University Press. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)(subscription required)
- "Linda Partridge". The Life Scientific.
- "Home". www.age.mpg.de.
- "No. 59090". The London Gazette (Supplement). 13 June 2009. p. 7.
- "- Royal Society". royalsociety.org. Archived from the original on 2018-11-19. Retrieved 2019-02-15.
- UCL (11 March 2009). "Professor Linda Partridge: Woman of Outstanding Achievement". UCL News.
- "Advisory Council of the Campaign for Science and Engineering". Retrieved 2011-02-11. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-04-23. Retrieved 2016-08-20.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-08-25. Retrieved 2016-08-20.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "BBC Radio 4 - The Life Scientific, Linda Partridge". CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)