Since 2004 the former municipalities of Breganzona, Cureggia, Davesco-Soragno, Gandria, Pambio-Noranco, Pazzallo, Pregassona and Viganello were incorporated into the city. In 2008, they were followed by Barbengo, Carabbia and Villa Luganese. In 2013 the former municipalities of Bogno, Cadro, Carona, Certara, Cimadera, Sonvico and Valcolla were incorporated into the city.
Picture by Prokudin-Gorskii of Lugano ca. 1905-10, view from foot of Monte San Salvatore
References[change | change source]
- "Arealstatistik Standard - Gemeinden nach 4 Hauptbereichen". Federal Statistical Office. Retrieved 13 January 2019.
- https://www.pxweb.bfs.admin.ch/pxweb/fr/px-x-0102020000_201/-/px-x-0102020000_201.px/; retrieved: 2 June 2020.
- "Quartieri" [districts] (in Italian). City of Lugano. Retrieved 23 July 2012.
- map.geo.admin.ch (Map). Swiss Confederation. Retrieved 2012-07-17.
- "Amtliches Gemeindeverzeichnis der Schweiz" [Official community register of Switzerland] (in German). Swiss Federal Statistical Office. Retrieved 14 January 2010.
Other websites[change | change source]