From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Because the Ancient Egyptian city of Thebes is located in Luxor, the city has been called the "world's greatest open-air museum." On the other side of the Nile lies the Valley of the Kings and Valley of the Queens.
References[change | change source]
- "World Gazetteer - Egypt: largest cities and towns and statistics of their population". Archived from the original on 10 December 2012. http://archive.is/dKwe. (retrieved 2010-7-27)
- "Luxor, Egypt". http://news.bbc.co.uk/dna/place-lancashire/plain/A2082845.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Theban Mapping Project: website devoted to the Valley of the Kings and other sites in the Theban Necropolis
- Luxor World Heritage Site in panographies - 360 degree interactive imaging
- GCatholic Copic epachy
- Kamil, Jill (November 2008). "The Development Plan for Luxor". Al-Ahram Weekly, Issue No. 921. http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/2008/921/heritage.htm.
- Luxor Temple picture gallery at Remains.se