Jump to navigation Jump to search
City of Palaces
|• Total||416 km2 (161 sq mi)|
|Elevation||76 m (249 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+02:00 (EET)|
|Area code(s)||(+20) 95|
|Official name||Ancient Thebes with its Necropolis|
|Criteria||i, iii, vi|
|Designated||1979 (3rd session)|
|Region||Egyptian Governorates, Northern Africa, African Union|
Because the Ancient Egyptian city of Thebes is located in Luxor, the city has been called the "world's greatest open-air museum." On the other side of the Nile lies the Valley of the Kings and Valley of the Queens.
References[change | change source]
- "World Gazetteer - Egypt: largest cities and towns and statistics of their population". Archived from the original on 10 December 2012. Retrieved 25 November 2016. (retrieved 2010-7-27)
- "Luxor, Egypt". Archived from the original on 2013-04-19. Retrieved 2016-11-25.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Theban Mapping Project: website devoted to the Valley of the Kings and other sites in the Theban Necropolis
- Luxor World Heritage Site in panographies - 360 degree interactive imaging
- GCatholic Copic epachy
- Kamil, Jill (November 2008). "The Development Plan for Luxor". Al-Ahram Weekly, Issue No. 921. Archived from the original on 2009-08-06. Retrieved 2016-11-25.
- Luxor Temple picture gallery Archived 2010-08-25 at the Wayback Machine at Remains.se