Magna Carta Holy Grail
|Magna Carta Holy Grail|
|Studio album by|
|Released||July 4, 2013|
|Recorded||2011 – June 2013|
|Studio||Jungle City Studios (NYC)|
Oven Studios (New York)
|Singles from Magna Carta Holy Grail|
Magna Carta Holy Grail (sometimes written as Magna Carta... Holy Grail) is the twelfth studio album by American rapper Jay-Z. It was released for digital download on 4 July 2013. It was then released in album form on 8 July 2013 by Roc-A-Fella and Roc Nation while being shared by Universal Records. Justin Timberlake, Nas, Rick Ross, Frank Ocean and Beyoncé also sang in the album. The album was promoted with commercials that were presented by Samsung. Even though some critics didn't like the album, it still reached #1 on the American, British, Swiss and Canadian music charts. It debuted at #1 on the US Billboard 200 Chart.
Songs[change | change source]
- Holy Grail (with Justin Timberlake)
- Picasso Baby
- Tom Ford
- FuckWithMeYouKnowIGotIt (with Rick Ross)
- Oceans (with Frank Ocean)
- Part II (On the Run) (with Beyoncé)
- Beach Is Better
- JAY Z Blue
- La Familia
- Nickels and Dimes
References[change | change source]
- "Timbaland Breaks Down The Genesis of Jay Z's 'Magna Carta Holy Grail,' Production Credits". XXL. Harris Publications. July 4, 2013. Retrieved July 4, 2013.
- "JAY Z "Magna Carta... Holy Grail" Album Cover". Life and Times. Retrieved August 10, 2013.
- Keith Caulfield (16 July 2013). "Jay Z's 'Magna Carta' Debuts at No. 1 on Billboard 200 Chart". Billboard. Retrieved 28 August 2015.