|Birth name||Christopher Breaux|
|Born||October 28, 1987|
Long Beach, California, U.S.
|Origin||New Orleans, Louisiana, U.S.|
Frank Ocean (born October 28, 1987) is an American singer-songwriter, record producer and photographer. He was born in Long Beach, California and moved to New Orleans, Louisiana when he was five. Ocean made an early career as a ghostwriter for artists such as Brandy, Justin Bieber, and John Legend. In 2010, he became a member of OFWGKTA. His first mixtape, Nostalgia, Ultra, was released in 2011. Critics liked the album.
In 2012, BBC said that Ocean finished second place in its Sound of 2012 poll. Ocean appeared at Coachella. He was scheduled for Lollapalooza at the end of his 2012 summer tour. His first studio album, channel ORANGE, was a digital download only on iTunes for one week. Then it was a full release on July 17, 2012. It was nominated for six Grammy Awards.
He is also considered to be a global gay icon.
Personal life[change | change source]
Discography[change | change source]
Albums[change | change source]
- channel ORANGE (2012)
- ENDLESS (2016)
- Blonde (2016)
Collaborative albums[change | change source]
- The OF Tape Vol. 2 (2012)
Mixtapes[change | change source]
- nostalgia, ULTRA (2011)
Awards and nominations[change | change source]
|2012||BBC||Sound of 2012||Second|
|2012||Grammies||International Album of the Year||Nominated|
References[change | change source]
- Noz, Andrew (April 21, 2011). "Frank Ocean: Smart And Subtle R&B Songwriting". NPR. Retrieved 2012-06-12. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Fennessey, Sean (March 23, 2011). "Love vs. Money: The Weeknd, Frank Ocean, and R&B's Future Shock". The Village Voice Blogs. Village Voice Media. Archived from the original on 2011-05-12. Retrieved 2012-06-12. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Frank Ocean". GRAMMY.com. 2020-05-19. Retrieved 2020-07-30.
- "Sound of – 2012 – Frank Ocean". BBC. Retrieved 2012-04-03. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Frank Ocean’s Summer Tour Sold Out BET. July 11, 2012.
- "Brit Awards 2013: No wild things from a music scene in the wilderness". The Independent. 21 February 2013.
- "It Bites - MTV UK". www.mtv.co.uk.
- Frank Ocean effect: What happens when a hip hop artist confesses same sex love? CNN. July 11, 2012.
- "Grammy Nominees 2012". Grammies.ca. January 14, 2011. Retrieved 2011-11-16. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Frank Ocean.|