John Legend at the Citi Presents Evenings with Legends show on January 29, 2014, in New York
John Roger Stephens
December 28, 1978
|Alma mater||University of Pennsylvania|
Chrissy Teigen (m. 2013)
John Roger Stephens (born December 28, 1978), known professionally as John Legend, is an American singer and songwriter. Legend has won nine Grammy Awards. He has worked with a lot of other musicians.
Career[change | change source]
In 2005, Legend won Best R&B Act at the MOBO Awards.
In 2006, Legend released his second album Once Again.
In 2008, he released his third album Evolver. Three songs on the album were produced by will.i.am. Brandy sung on the third song. The single "Heaven" won the Grammy Award for Best Male R&B Vocal Performance.
In 2010, Wake Up!, an album of songs by Legend and The Roots, was released.
Legend released his fourth album, Love in the Future, in 2013. It was nominated for the Grammy Award for Best R&B Album. "All of Me" was released as a single from the album. It reached number one in Australia, Canada, and the US.
Personal life[change | change source]
Legend is a feminist. He married model Chrissy Teigen in 2013. Their daughter, Luna Simone Stephens, was born on April 14, 2016. Teigen and Legend's second child, Miles Theodore Stephens, was born on May 16, 2018.
References[change | change source]
- Copsey, Robert (9 December 2013). "John Legend tops Aussie singles chart". Digital Spy.
- A Good Night - Single by John Legend & BloodPop®, 2018-04-06, retrieved 2018-04-12
- Vincent, Alice (27 March 2013). "John Legend: 'All men should be feminists'" – via www.telegraph.co.uk.
- "John Legend, Chrissy Teigen Marry in Italy: See Her Wedding Dress!". 14 September 2013.
- "She's 1! John Legend and Chrissy Teigen Wish Daughter Luna a Happy Birthday - and Show Off the Sweet Cake They Decorated". PEOPLE.com. Retrieved 2018-04-12.
- "Chrissy Teigen and John Legend Welcome Baby Number 2". PEOPLE.com.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to John Legend.|