John Roger Stephens
December 28, 1978
|Alma mater||University of Pennsylvania|
Chrissy Teigen (m. 2013)
John Roger Stephens (born December 28, 1978), known professionally as John Legend, is an American singer and songwriter. Legend has won nine Grammy Awards. He has worked with a number of established musicians before signing to Kanye West in 2004. Starting in 2019, he became a coach on the television series called The Voice.
Career[change | change source]
His first album, Get Lifted, was released by GOOD Music (an imprint founded by rapper Kanye West) in 2004. It won the 2006 Grammy Award for Best R&B Album.
In 2005, Legend won Best R&B Act at the MOBO Awards.
In 2006, Legend released his second album Once Again.
In 2008, he released his third album Evolver. Three songs on the album were produced by will.i.am. Brandy sang the third song. The single "Heaven" won the Grammy Award for Best Male R&B Vocal Performance.
In 2010, Wake Up!, an album of songs by Legend and The Roots, was released.
Legend released his fourth album, Love in the Future, in 2013. It was nominated for the Grammy Award for Best R&B Album. "All of Me" was released as a single from the album. It reached number one in Australia, Canada, and the US.
Personal life[change | change source]
Legend is a feminist. He married model Chrissy Teigen in 2013 after 10 years of courtship. Their daughter, Luna Simone Stephens, was born on April 14, 2016. Teigen and Legend's second child, Miles Theodore Stephens, was born on May 16, 2018. Esti Maxine Stephens is their rainbow baby and was born January 13, 2023. They welcomed their 4th child on June 19, 2023, born via surrogate, a boy they've named Wren Alexander Stephens.
References[change | change source]
- Copsey, Robert (December 9, 2013). "John Legend tops Aussie singles chart". Digital Spy.
- A Good Night - Single by John Legend & BloodPop®, April 6, 2018, retrieved April 12, 2018
- Vincent, Alice (March 27, 2013). "John Legend: 'All men should be feminists'" – via www.telegraph.co.uk.
- "John Legend, Chrissy Teigen Marry in Italy: See Her Wedding Dress!". September 14, 2013.
- "She's 1! John Legend and Chrissy Teigen Wish Daughter Luna a Happy Birthday - and Show Off the Sweet Cake They Decorated". PEOPLE.com. Retrieved April 12, 2018.
- "Chrissy Teigen and John Legend Welcome Baby Number 2". PEOPLE.com.
Other websites[change | change source]