|Birth name||Jennifer Kate Hudson|
|Born||September 12, 1981|
|Origin||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
|Genres||R&B, soul, pop|
|Occupation(s)||Singer–songwriter, actress, model|
|Years active||since 2004|
Jennifer Kate Hudson (born September 12, 1981 in Chicago, Illinois) is an American Academy and Grammy Award-winning singer and actress. She gained fame on American Idol. She is the most successful American Idol contestant who did not win.
She went on to star as Effie White in the 2006 motion picture musical Dreamgirls. Her awards include an Oscar, a Golden Globe, a BAFTA, and a SAG Award. She is native to Chicago, Illinois. Hudson is married to WWE professional wrestler, David Otunga.
References[change | change source]
- "Jennifer Hudson Biography". Bio/A&E Television Networks, LLC. Retrieved 20 February 2016.
- "Jennifer Hudson". People. Archived from the original on 21 March 2016. Retrieved 20 February 2016.
- "Jennifer Hudson". TV Guide. Retrieved 20 February 2016.
- "Jennifer Hudson Joins U.K. Version of 'The Voice' as Coach". Variety.com. September 29, 2016. Retrieved September 24, 2017.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony; D'Alessandro, Anthony (2020-03-26). "Aretha Franklin Biopic 'Respect' Heads To Christmas For Awards Season Rollout". Deadline. Retrieved 2020-03-26.