|Centuries:||20th century – 21st century – 22nd century|
|Decades:||1980s 1990s 2000s – 2010s – 2020s 2030s 2040s|
|Years:||2016 2017 2018 – 2019 – 2020 2021 2022|
Predicted events[change | change source]
- January 1 – Assuming that the copyright laws are not changed further, all works published in 1923 enter the public domain in the U.S., the first works to do so since the passage of the 1998 Sonny Bono Copyright Term Extension Act.
- May 2 – Election for Scottish Parliament and Welsh Assembly.
- May 11 – John Walker Lindh will be released from prison, assuming good behavior and survival.
- July 1 – Romania takes over the Presidency of the Council of the European Union.
- December 26 – A Solar Eclipse is expected to happen and be visible in South Asia.
Unknown dates[change | change source]
- The papers providing reason or reasons for the deportation of Gerald Haxton from Britain as an undesirable alien will be open to public view.
- Super computers are projected to reach 1 Exaflop.
- Completion of the North-south line of the Hong KongMTR.
- 2019 Rugby World Cup will be held in Japan, with some matches played in Hong Kong and Singapore, first time for the Rugby World Cup to be hosted in Asia.
- NASA plans to return to the moon on Orion 13 within this year.
In fiction[change | change source]
Computer and video games[change | change source]
Games set in 2019:
- Out Run 2019 (1993)
- Blade Runner (1997)
- The House of the Dead III (2002)
- TimeSplitters 2 (2002) (the "Neotokyo" level)
- Metal Gear Acid 2 (2006)
- Crysis (2007)
- Crysis Warhead (2008)
Movies[change | change source]
Movies set in 2019:
- Blade Runner (1982), in November
- The New Barbarians aka. Warriors of the Wasteland (1982)
- 2019, After the Fall of New York (1983)
- Akira (1988)
- The Island (2005), on 19 July until 23 July
- Daybreakers (2010)
Television series[change | change source]
Television series set in 2019:
- Dark Angel (2000–2002): The main events of the series begin.
- Futurama ("The Honking", 2000): An automotive research lab creates Project Satan from the most evil parts of the most evil cars of all-time. Project Satan's first victim was the great robot actor Calculon (back when he was a robot arm), which got infected with a computer virus that turned him into a murderous automobile similar to a werewolf.
- Dollhouse ("Epitaph One", 2009): The events of this episode take place in a post-apocalyptic version of 2019.
References[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: 2019|
- Thibodeau, Patrick (2008-06-10). "IBM breaks petaflop barrier". InfoWorld. http://www.infoworld.com/article/08/06/10/IBM_breaks_petaflop_barrier_1.html.