Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs to be updated. (January 2019)
|Centuries:||20th century – 21st century – 22nd century|
|Decades:||1980s 1990s 2000s – 2010s – 2020s 2030s 2040s|
|Years:||2016 2017 2018 – 2019 – 2020 2021 2022|
Events[change | change source]
- January 1 – All works published in 1923, other than sound recordings, entered the public domain in the United States. This was the first automatic extension of the public domain in the U.S. since the 1998 Sonny Bono Copyright Term Extension Act. (Works published before 1923 were already in the public domain.)
- January 18 — A pipeline explosion in Tlahuelilpan, Mexico kills 96 people and 48 are injured.
- January 19 – A magnitude 6.7 earthquake hits Coquimbo, Chile. Two people were killed, and 200,000 others were left without power.
- February 1 — President Donald Trump declares the U.S. will leave the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty.
- February 12 — The Republic of Macedonia is renamed North Macedonia as it joins NATO and the European Union.
- March 10 — A plane crashes near Addis Ababa, Ethiopia killing all 157 people on board.
- March 15 — Two shootings take place in Christchurch, New Zealand during a white supremacist terrorist attack and kill 49 people.
Predicted events[change | change source]
- March 29 – The United Kingdom will fully leave the European Union.
- May 2 – Election for Scottish Parliament and Welsh Assembly.
- May 11 – John Walker Lindh will be released from prison, assuming good behavior and survival.
- July 1 – Romania takes over the Presidency of the Council of the European Union.
- December 26 – A solar eclipse is expected to happen and be visible in South Asia.
Unknown dates[change | change source]
- The papers providing reason or reasons for the deportation of Gerald Haxton from Britain as an undesirable alien will be open to public view.
- Super computers are projected to reach 1 Exaflop.
- Completion of the North-south line of the Hong KongMTR.
- 2019 Rugby World Cup will be held in Japan, with some matches played in Hong Kong and Singapore, first time for the Rugby World Cup to be hosted in Asia.
In fiction[change | change source]
Computer and video games[change | change source]
Games set in 2019:
- Out Run 2019 (1993)
- Blade Runner (1997)
- The House of the Dead III (2002)
- TimeSplitters 2 (2002) (the "Neotokyo" level)
- Metal Gear Acid 2 (2006)
- Crysis (2007)
- Crysis Warhead (2008)
Movies[change | change source]
Movies set in 2019:
- Blade Runner (1982), in November
- The New Barbarians aka. Warriors of the Wasteland (1982)
- 2019, After the Fall of New York (1983)
- Akira (1988)
- The Island (2005), on 19 July until 23 July
- Daybreakers (2010)
Television series[change | change source]
Television series set in 2019:
- Dark Angel (2000–2002): The main events of the series begin.
- Futurama ("The Honking", 2000): An automotive research lab creates Project Satan from the most evil parts of the most evil cars of all-time. Project Satan's first victim was the great robot actor Calculon (back when he was a robot arm), which got infected with a computer virus that turned him into a murderous automobile similar to a werewolf.
- Dollhouse ("Epitaph One", 2009): The events of this episode take place in a post-apocalyptic version of 2019.
References[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2019.|
- Thibodeau, Patrick (2008-06-10). "IBM breaks petaflop barrier". InfoWorld.