At book signing event for Another Man's War by Sam Childers, Beverly Hills, California, May 5, 2009
|Born||Peter Henry Fonda|
February 23, 1940
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Alma mater||University of Nebraska at Omaha|
|Spouse(s)||Susan Jane Brewer |
Portia Rebecca Crockett
|Parent(s)||Henry Fonda (deceased) |
Frances Ford Seymour (deceased)
|Relatives||Jane Fonda (sister), Amy Fonda Fishman (sister), Oliver Elfman (grandson)|
Peter Henry Fonda (born February 23, 1940) is an American actor. He is the son of actor Henry Fonda. He is the father of actress Bridget Fonda and brother of actress Jane Fonda. Fonda is most famous for 1969 movie Easy Rider. He co-wrote and co-starred in the movie with his friend Dennis Hopper. He rode a motorcycle in Easy Rider, and also in the earlier The Wild Angels, where he played an outlaw biker.
He has also appeared in many other movies, including Ulee's Gold in 1997, which earned him an Academy Award nomination, Burnett Stone in Thomas and the Magic Railroad and Frank O'Connor, husband of writer Ayn Rand, in The Passion of Ayn Rand.
Personal life[change | change source]
Fonda has appeared many times on talk shows, discussing his life and times, including his family life.
Fonda wrote an autobiography, Don't Tell Dad: A Memoir, which was published in 1998.
Filmography[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- Sweeney, Kevin (1992). Henry Fonda: a bio-bibliography. New York [u.a.]: Greenwood Press. ISBN 0-313-26571-2.
- "Peter Fonda Biography (1939?-)". FilmReference.com. Retrieved September 3, 2011.
- "Peter Fonda". New York Times. Retrieved August 30, 2011.
- Fonda, Peter (1998). Don't tell dad: a memoir. New York: Hyperion. ISBN 0-7868-6111-8.
- Hemingway, Valarie (Fall 2006). "A Conversation With Peter Fonda". Distinctly Montana. Retrieved August 6, 2011.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Peter Fonda.|