Rudolph in 2012
Maya Khabira Rudolph
July 27, 1972
|Residence||San Fernando Valley, California, U.S.|
|Alma mater||University of California, Santa Cruz|
|Occupation||Actress, Voice artist, Comedian, Singer|
|Partner(s)||Paul Thomas Anderson |
Maya Rudolph (born July 27, 1972) is an American actress and comedian. She is the daughter of singer Minnie Riperton and music composer Richard Rudolph. She has acted in numerous sitcoms, in particular NBC's Up all Night. She was a cast member on the NBC television show Saturday Night Live from 2000-2007.
Early life[change | change source]
Rudolph was born in Gainesville, Florida. She is the daughter of soul singer Minnie Riperton and composer/songwriter/producer Richard Rudolph. Her father is an Ashkenazi Jew, and her mother was African-American. Her paternal grandfather was Sidney Rudolph, a philanthropist who once owned all of the Wendy's and Rudy's restaurants in Dade County, Florida. Her parents moved to Los Angeles when she and her brother Marc were very young, and they grew up primarily in the Westwood section.
References[change | change source]
- "Maya Rudolph". The Complete Marquis Who's Who (fee, via Fairfax County Public Library). Marquis Who's Who. 2010. Gale Document Number: GALE|K2014901123. Retrieved 2 Jan 2014. Gale Biography In Context.
- "Maya Rudolph Biography (1972–)". Filmreference.com. Retrieved 2014-01-02.
- "The Essence of Lucinda". Ocala Star-Banner. 6 June 2001. Retrieved 2013-11-11.
- "SIDNEY J. RUDOLPH, PHILANTHROPIST AND RESTAURANT OWNER". Miami Herald. December 23, 1992.
- Itzkoff, Dave (9 September 2011). "Juggling a Comedy Series About Juggling Life's Tasks". Retrieved 2 January 2014.