Wendy's is an international chain of fast food restaurants founded by Dave Thomas on November 15, 1969 in Columbus, Ohio. Wendy's is an American international fast food restaurant chain founded by Dave Thomas on November 15, 1969, in Columbus, Ohio. The company moved its headquarters to Dublin, Ohio, on January 29, 2006.
Menu[change | change source]
Key Dates[change | change source]
- 1969: Wendy's founded 
- 1970: Opens first commercial drive-thru
- 1979: Introduces salad bar
- 1984: Where's the Beef? slogan debuts
- 1986: Near failure of 1/5 of Wendy's stores
- 1989: Super Value Menu debuts
- 1995: Acquires Tim Hortons
- 2002: Dave Thomas dies
- 2006: Wendy's divested itself of Tim Hortons
- 2007: Original Wendy's Restaurant closes
- 2008: Announces merger with Triarc
Slogans[change | change source]
US - Canada[change | change source]
- 1970 - present: Quality Is Our Recipe (This Slogan is still shown on the Wendy's logo today.)
- 1978 - 1979: Juicy hamburgers
- 1979 - 1980: Hot-N-Juicy
- 1980 - 1981: Wendy's Has the Taste You Crave
- 1981 - 1982: Ain't No Reason to Go Anyplace Else
- 1982 - 1983: You're Wendy's Kind of People
- 1983 - 1984: Parts is parts
- 1984 - 1986: Where's the beef?
- 1986 - 1987: Choose Fresh, choose Wendy's
- 1987 - 1993: Give a little nibble
- 1989 - 1998: The best burgers and a whole lot more (also was printed inside the hamburger wrappers during the 1990s)
- 1997 - Present: You can eat great, even late
- 2001 - 2005: It's hamburger bliss.
- 2002 - 2005: It's better here
- 2003 - 2007: It's Always Great, Even Late. (Canada)
- 2005 - 2007: Do what tastes right. (primary slogan)
- 2005 - Present: It's good to be square.
- January 2007 - October 2007: That's right.
- January 2007 - October 2007: Uh Huh.
- 2007 - 2008: Hot Juicy Burgers
- February 2008: It's waaay better than fast food... It's Wendy's. (US)
- February 2008: It's waaaaaaaaaay delicious. It's Wendy's. (Canada)
- Present: You know when it's real
International[change | change source]
- 1983: It's the best time for...Wendy's (Philippines)
- 2000 (approx) - Present: We don't cut corners (New Zealand)
- 2000 (approx) - Present: Wendy's cuadra contigo (Wendy's fits with you). The word cuadra (fit) is a reference to the word cuadro that means square (Venezuela)
- 2001 (approx) - Present: El Sabor de lo Recien Hecho (The Flavor of the Freshly Made) (Honduras)
- 2007 (approx) - Present: Wendy's es Sensacional (Wendy's is Sensational) (El Salvador)
- 2008 - Present: It's not just fast food; it's fresh food, made fast  (Malaysia)
- 2008 - Present: Old Fashion Hamburgers (Dominican Republic)
References[change | change source]
- Hoovers.com. "McDonald's". answers.com. Retrieved 2007-08-23.
- Philip H. Dougherty (1986-06-26). "Wendy's Spot Created By Lockhardt & Pettus". The New York Times. Retrieved 2007-12-29.
The group has a song Fresh that fits in well with the Wendy's theme, Choose fresh. Choose Wendy's.
- Davide Dukcevich (2002-04-09). "Wendy's Salad Days". Forbes Magazine. Retrieved 2007-12-29.
Earlier this month, Wendy's released a new advertising tagline, "It's Better Here," as part of a campaign that purports to showcase Dublin, Ohio, where it has its headquarters.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wendy's.|