Wendy's is an international chain of fast food restaurants founded by Dave Thomas on November 15, 1969 in Columbus, Ohio. Wendy's is an American international fast food restaurant chain. It was founded by Dave Thomas on November 15, 1969, in Columbus, Ohio. The company moved its headquarters to Dublin, Ohio, on January 29, 2006.
Places[change | change source]
Americas[change | change source]
Europe[change | change source]
Asia[change | change source]
Oceania[change | change source]
Former locations[change | change source]
- Belgium (Operated in 1980s)
- Brazil (2016–2019; Closed in 2020)
- Costa Rica (2005–2015)
- Greece (1989–2002)
- Hong Kong (1982–1986, 1992-2000)
- Hungary (1994–2002)
- Israel (operated for a few years from 1987)
- Malaysia (2008–2019)
- Russia (2011–2014)
- Saudi Arabia
- Singapore (2009–2015)
- South Africa
- South Korea (1984–1998)
- Spain (1980–2000), known from the 90s as Welcome.
Menu[change | change source]
Key Dates[change | change source]
- 1969: Wendy's founded 
- 1970: Opens first commercial drive-thru
- 1979: Introduces salad bar
- 1984: Where's the Beef? slogan debuts
- 1986: Near failure of 1/5 of Wendy's stores
- 1989: Super Value Menu debuts
- 1995: Acquires Tim Hortons
- 2002: Dave Thomas dies
- 2006: Wendy's divested itself of Tim Hortons
- 2007: Original Wendy's Restaurant closes
- 2008: Announces merger with Triarc
Slogans[change | change source]
US - Canada[change | change source]
- 1970 - present: Quality Is Our Recipe (This Slogan is still shown on the Wendy's logo today.)
- 1978 - 1979: Juicy hamburgers
- 1979 - 1980: Hot-N-Juicy
- 1980 - 1981: Wendy's Has the Taste You Crave
- 1981 - 1982: Ain't No Reason to Go Anyplace Else
- 1982 - 1983: You're Wendy's Kind of People
- 1983 - 1984: Parts is parts
- 1984 - 1986: Where's the beef?
- 1986 - 1987: Choose Fresh, choose Wendy's
- 1987 - 1993: Give a little nibble
- 1989 - 1998: The best burgers and a whole lot more (also was printed inside the hamburger wrappers during the 1990s)
- 1997 - Present: You can eat great, even late
- 2001 - 2005: It's hamburger bliss.
- 2002 - 2005: It's better here
- 2003 - 2007: It's Always Great, Even Late. (Canada)
- 2005 - 2007: Do what tastes right. (primary slogan)
- 2005 - Present: It's good to be square.
- January 2007 - October 2007: That's right.
- January 2007 - October 2007: Uh Huh.
- 2007 - 2008: Hot Juicy Burgers
- February 2008: It's waaay better than fast food... It's Wendy's. (US)
- February 2008: It's waaaaaaaaaay delicious. It's Wendy's. (Canada)
- Present: You know when it's real
International[change | change source]
- 1983: It's the best time for...Wendy's (Philippines)
- 1991 (approx) - Present: Wendy's ! La recette est à nous ! (Wendy's! The Recipe is ours!) (France)
- 2000 (approx) - Present: We don't cut corners (New Zealand)
- 2000 (approx) - Present: Wendy's cuadra contigo (Wendy's fits with you). The word cuadra (fit) is a reference to the word cuadro that means square (Venezuela)
- 2001 (approx) - Present: El Sabor de lo Recien Hecho (The Flavor of the Freshly Made) (Honduras)
- 2005 (approx) - Present: É a hora certa para...Wendy's (It's the right time for...Wendy's) (Portugal)
- 2007 (approx) - Present: Wendy's es Sensacional (Wendy's is Sensational) (El Salvador)
- 2008 - Present: It's not just fast food; it's fresh food, made fast [permanent dead link] (Malaysia)
- 2008 - Present: Old Fashion Hamburgers (Dominican Republic)
References[change | change source]
- "Kusto brings Wendy's to Central Asia". 6 July 2019. Archived from the original on 26 January 2021. Retrieved 10 January 2021.
- "US trade mission to Tashkent comes amid growing investment". 26 June 2019. Retrieved 10 January 2021.
- Dovrat, Zehava (July 21, 1996). "Wendy's Burger Chain Seeks Franchisee to Renew Activity in Israel". Globes. Retrieved February 7, 2018.
Wendy's has already tried its luck in Israel. It entered activities in Israel nine years ago through the Blue Square supermarket chain, then managed by Benny Gaon. The chain was operated by the franchise method and reached six branches. [People] in the industry say that the chain failed due to managerial problems and a poor marketing plan. In addition, [Israelis] simply didn't like the product.
- "Burgers are King and South Africans are licking their lips!". November 14, 2012. Retrieved April 6, 2019.
- Hamburguesas en Madrid, ed. (23 December 2012). "¿Qué pasó con Wendy's?" (in Spanish). Retrieved 15 February 2014.
- "Swiss burghers in pickle over US fast-food invasion". The Christian Science Monitor. July 2, 1981. Retrieved February 2, 2021.
- Hoovers.com. "McDonald's". answers.com. Retrieved 2007-08-23.
- Philip H. Dougherty (1986-06-26). "Wendy's Spot Created By Lockhardt & Pettus". The New York Times. Retrieved 2007-12-29.
The group has a song Fresh that fits in well with the Wendy's theme, Choose fresh. Choose Wendy's.
- Davide Dukcevich (2002-04-09). "Wendy's Salad Days". Forbes Magazine. Retrieved 2007-12-29.
Earlier this month, Wendy's released a new advertising tagline, "It's Better Here," as part of a campaign that purports to showcase Dublin, Ohio, where it has its headquarters.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wendy's.|