|Founded||June 18, 1953 (as Top Hat Drive-In)|
Shawnee, Oklahoma, U.S.
|Headquarters||Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, U.S.|
Number of locations
|Claudia San Pedro, Brand President |
Paige Bass, Senior Vice President and General Counsel
Christina Vaughan, Senior Vice President Sonic Restaurants, Inc.
Eddie Saroch, Senior Vice President Franchise Relations
Lori Abou Habib, Chief Marketing Officer
|Revenue||$423.59 million US$(2018)|
|US$127.452 million (2016)|
|US$64.067 million (2016)|
Number of employees
|420 corporate employees, approximately 9,200 restaurant employees|
Inspire Brands (2018–present)
The restaurant was created by company founder Troy Smith in 1953. The headquarters for Sonic is located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. There are 3,561 restaurants in 43 U.S. states which serve approximately 3 million customers per day as of August 31, 2011. In 2011, the restaurant was ranked at #10 on QSR Magazine’s rankings of the top 50 quick-service and fast-casual restaurant brands in the nation.
In 2018, the company was acquired by Inspire Brands.
References[change | change source]
- "All Sonic Drive-In Restaurant Locations". Sonic Drive-In.
- "Revenue of Sonic Corporation in the United States from 2009 to 2018 (in million U.S. dollars)". Statista. Retrieved May 15, 2019.
- "2016 Annual Report to Stockholders" (PDF). Sonic corp. Archived from the original (PDF) on November 11, 2016. Retrieved November 10, 2016.
- "Form 10-K Annual Report". Sonic Drive-In. Archived from the original on 2012-04-24. Retrieved 2014-03-10.
- "Top 50 Unit Breakdown Sorted by 2010 Total Units". QSR. Retrieved 2014-03-10.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sonic Drive-In.|