|Origin||Lawrenceville, Georgia, U.S.|
Migos is an American hip hop group. Its original members are rappers Quavo (real name Quavious Marshall; born April 2, 1991), Offset (real name Kiari Cephus; born December 14, 1991), and Takeoff (real name Kirshnik Ball; June 18, 1994 - 1 November 2022). The group was founded in 2008. Their name is short for "amigos", which means friends in Spanish.
Migos released their first album Yung Rich Nation in July 2015 on the labels Quality Control Music and 300 Entertainment. In 2016, the group appeared in Donald Glover's comedy drama television series Atlanta. Their second album, Culture, was released in January 2017. It topped the Billboard 200. The group later was later signed to Motown and Capitol Records in February 2017.
Their third album, Culture II, was released in January 2018. It gave the group their second number one album in the United States.
In 2021, the group released their fourth album, Culture III. It is the third and final installment of their Culture trilogy.
Studio albums[change | change source]
- Yung Rich Nation (2015)
- Culture (2017)
- Culture II (2018)
- Culture III (2021)
EPs[change | change source]
- Trap Symphony (2015)
- 3 Way (2016)
Mixtapes[change | change source]
- Juug Season (2011)
- No Label (2012)
- Y.R.N. (Young Rich N*ggas) (2013)
- No Label 2 (2014)
- Rich N*gga Timeline (2014)
- Back to the Bando (2015)
- Y.R.N. 2 (2016)
Collaborative mixtapes[change | change source]
- Streets on Lock (with Rich the Kid) (2013)
- Streets on Lock 2 (with Rich the Kid) (2013)
- Lobby Runners (with PeeWee Longway, Young Thug and Rich the Kid) (2013)
- Solid Foundation (with Quality Control) (2014)
- World War 3D: The Green Album (with Gucci Mane) (2014)
- Migo Lingo (with YRN Lingo) (2015)
- Still on Lock (with Rich the Kid) (2015)
- Streets on Lock 4 (with Rich the Kid) (2015)
|2018||Culture||Best Rap Album||Nominated|
|2018||"Bad and Boujee" (featuring Lil Uzi Vert)||Best Rap Performance||Nominated|
References[change | change source]
- Smith, Troy L. (6 June 2017). "What is mumble rap? 25 essential songs from Future, Migos and more". cleveland. Retrieved 5 January 2020.
- "Migos Rapper Takeoff Dead at 28, Shot in Houston". TMZ. Retrieved 2022-11-01.